Chocolate. Nature. Fashion.
Zürich, Switzerland, and Milan, Italy
May 30–June 4, 2019
The Sykes College of Business Global Access Partnership (GAP) is an educational travel program designed to provide a platform for University community partners to experience the nuances of global markets and cultures firsthand so that they can confidently navigate the global business landscape. The program’s goal is to enable our stakeholders to explore key emerging markets in Asia, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East to enhance trade connections, learning and cultural appreciation. With a strategic mix of travel, classroom instruction and real-world experiences, the Global Access Partnership is infusing international competence into the Tampa Bay business community, providing access to expand local business abroad.
Key Program Benefits:
2019 Tentative Program Activities:
- Travel: Travel with like-minded professionals to important developed and emerging markets to gain an understanding of cross-cultural trade and business practices.
- Connections: Create a network of trade connections locally, and abroad, by meeting with high ranking government and corporate leaders.
- Cultural insights: Experience foreign cultures firsthand by participating in intensive seven- to 10-day sessions in vital business hubs around the world.
- Experience: Gain valuable international experience and become more culturally aware by exploring cultures and businesses in the fastest growing regions of the world.
- Education: Advance your knowledge of developed and emerging markets as you participate in a customized program that features unique learning opportunities with our university partners abroad.
- Visit to a completely automated logistics center
- Visit to a leading sustainability company
- Tour of Milan: A commercial and cultural center
- Visit to an industry 4.0 automotive manufacturing company
- Visit to La Marzocco: Handmade espresso machines
- Fashion industry meetings and other program elements in development
The 2017 GAP delegation visited Hong Kong, Shenzhen and Macau.
The 2016 GAP delegation visited Havana, Cuba.
Learn more about how the Sykes College of Business Global Access Partnership can connect your business abroad.
Global Access Partnership
401 W. Kennedy Blvd, Box O
Tampa, FL 33606-1490