Does the PA program have admission interviews? When will they occur? What is the interview schedule?
- Yes, selected applicants will be sent a notification by the PA program for an on-campus interview.
- Applicants are selected for an interview based on the strength of their CASPA application, including a review of their academic preparation and the program's preferences.
- During the interview process, the applicant will be provided with and asked to acknowledge their agreement to follow the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) Code of Ethics and the Physician Assistant Medicine Program's social media and professionalism policies.
- Applicants will be provided with the technical standards of admission at the time of the interview and must meet these standards upon admission.
- The interview event includes four traditional interview stations and group evaluation.
- Professional dress is expected during the interview. Lunch will be provided to all applicants invited for an interview.
- Selected applicants will be notified via email by the dates listed below.
- The program will interview 16 applicants per session for a total of 80 applicants.
- Interview dates, interview notifications, admission offers and deposit deadlines:
Interview invitations will be extended three weeks prior to each interview date. We recommend applicants submit a complete application at least two months prior to the interview date they are applying for, but no later than the CASPA verified deadline for the program of Dec 1, 2023.
For Interviews conducted on Sept. 15*, 2023:
- 16 notified by Aug. 11*, 2023
- Admission offers by Sept. 22, 2023
- Deposit ($1,500) due Sept. 29, 2023
For Interviews conducted on Sept. 29, 2023:
- 16 notified by Sept. 8, 2023
- Admission offers by Oct. 6, 2023
- Deposit ($1,500) due Oct. 13, 2023
For Interviews conducted on Oct. 27, 2023:
- 16 notified by Oct. 6, 2023
- Admission offers by Nov. 3, 2023
- Deposit ($1,500) due Nov. 10, 2023
For Interviews conducted on Nov. 17, 2023:
- 16 notified by Oct. 27, 2023
- Admission offers by Nov. 24, 2023
- Deposit ($1,500) due Dec. 1, 2023
For Interviews conducted on Jan. 5, 2024:
- 16 notified by Dec. 15, 2023
- Admission offers by Jan. 12, 2024
- Deposit ($1,500) due Jan. 19, 2024
*The Sept. 1 interviews (invitations extended by Aug. 11) were rescheduled to Sept. 15 due to hurricane Idalia.
The daily schedule of the interview session will be as follows:
7:45-8:15 a.m.: Registration for all groups (2nd Floor Lobby)
8:15-8:45 a.m.: Welcome by Program Director
9-10 a.m.: Interview for Group 1
9:10-9:40 a.m.: Group Activity for Group 2
10-11 a.m.: Interview for Group 2
10:10-10:40 a.m.: Group Activity for Group 1
9-11 a.m.: Campus tour and tentative meet with current students for Groups 3 and 4
11-11:15 a.m.: Break
11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m.: Interview for Group 3
11:25 a.m.-11:55 a.m.: Group Activity for Group 4
12:15-1:15 p.m.: Interview for Group 4
12:25-12:55 p.m.: Group Activity for Group 3
11:15 a.m-1:15 p.m.: Campus tour and tentative meet with current students for Groups 1 and 2
1:15-2:15 p.m.: Lunch with PA program faculty
2:15 p.m.: Dismissal. Flights at 5 p.m. or later
Parking: If driving to campus, we have spots reserved in the Thomas Parking Garage. Please enter the garage from West North A Street off North Boulevard. Follow the signs to the Jenkins Health building, second floor.
Accommodations: There are many hotels close to UT’s campus. We will provide storage space on campus for your luggage, if needed. We suggest you explore some of the local attractions as well. Mobile rideshare apps such as Uber and Lyft are available in the area. Tampa International Airport is just six miles away from campus.
The applicant is responsible for all travel-related expenses (flight, lodging, local travel and off-campus meals), and there are no grants or scholarships available to offset interview expenses.