COVID-19 Update Regarding 2021 Admissions and GMAT/GRE Testing
Due to the impacts of the COVID-19 virus, The University of Tampa understands that applicants to the Sykes College of Business graduate programs may be unable to take the GMAT or GRE exams.
As a result, the University may temporarily waive the GMAT and GRE test requirement for qualified Spring, Summer and Fall 2021 applicants to the Sykes College of Business graduate programs. Please keep in mind that GMAT/GRE waiver qualifications include a minimum GPA, degree and possible course/work experience. All other admission criteria will still be required. We encourage you to attend a virtual information session where we discuss our GMAT/GRE waiver qualifications. If you do not meet the qualifications, then you are not eligible for a COVID-19 or traditional GMAT/GRE waiver.
For more information about GMAT/GRE qualifications, email the Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies at email@example.com or call (813) 253-6249.
To apply, complete either the paper (PDF) or online application. Applications are not reviewed until the Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies receives all required materials. Students are notified of admission decisions after materials have been received and evaluated.
Sign Up for a Virtual Information Session
Admission Requirements and Documents
- Completed application
- $40 application fee
- Official transcripts of all previous college work received directly from each institution
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Records Examination (GRE) is required. Pending approval, applicants may submit a request to waive the GMAT through their admissions counselor if they meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Sufficient evidence of three or more years of relevant professional work experience within the past five years
- A business degree from a regionally accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or better
- Earned a grade of B or better in each of the following courses: ACC202, ACC203, FIN 310, ECO 204, ECO 205, QMB 210, MKT 300 (or the equivalent of these courses at your undergraduate institution)
Note: Meeting the criteria listed above only qualifies a student to request a GMAT waiver. All GMAT waivers are reviewed on an individual basis and must be approved by a committee. Please contact your admissions counselor for more information.
- Two professional reference forms (PDF) from individuals who attest to the applicant's professional background and academic potential (professional letters of recommendation are accepted, if preferred)
- Professional résumé
- Personal statement: In approximately 500-1,000 words, describe your professional goals and how a graduate degree from The University of Tampa will help you accomplish those goals. In turn, you may also want to emphasize what you can contribute to the graduate program.
- Work experience is recommended but not required.
- International applicants: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score report
There is no application deadline. Applications are evaluated for fall, spring and summer terms on a rolling basis. Qualified students are admitted until spaces are full for the relevant term. Admission is competitive and students are encouraged to apply early. Students are notified of their status once all documents have been received.
Applicants can send required documents the following ways:
Fax: (813) 258-7451
The University of Tampa
Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies
401 W. Kennedy Blvd., Box F
Tampa, FL 33606-1490
Official documents must come in the original form.