Established in 1962, the Board of Counselors mission is to aid The University of Tampa in its student retention program and to assist in creating public recognition of, understanding of and confidence in The University of Tampa.
With nearly 100 volunteer members, the Counselors organize social events to raise awareness and funds for UT and maintain programs designed to prepare students for life after college. Through their membership commitment, Board of Counselors members find rewarding opportunities to network with peers who share their belief in the value of higher education.
The Board of Counselors leadership for 2022-2023
- Evan Wojtkowiak, Chair
- Scott Vejdani, Immediate Past Chair
- Kim Cardenas, Vice Chair
- Toby Lincoln, Treasurer
- Jack Tyrell, Marketing and Social Media Chair
- Mary Murray, Student Engagement Co-Chair
- Timothy Howard, Membership Recruitment Co-Chair
- Jose Ricon, Membership Engagement Co-Chair
- Sarah Daniels, Membership Engagement Co-Chair
- Maddie Box, Events Co-Chair
- Karen Smreker, Signature Event Co-Chair
The Board of Counselors asks members to:
- Serve as ambassadors of The University of Tampa among peers in the community
- Support Counselors' initiatives and programs
- Participate on a Board of Counselors or Trustee committee
- Mentor students
- Identify potential members
- Financially support the Counselors and the University by fulfilling annual financial requirements of:
- Minimum Level $400 ($200 membership dues plus $200 Annual Fund contribution)
The Board of Counselors fiscal year starts on June 1. For more information, please contact the Board of Counselors at email@example.com or (813) 257-3582.
Board of Counselors Events
Counselors are encouraged to participate in one or more planning committees as well as attend events. Along with all the special events the Board of Counselors hosts throughout the year, Counselors and guests are also invited to complimentary networking socials such as the Board of Counselors Kick-off Social; the Board of Trustees, Fellows and Counselors Holiday Party; and the Board of Counselors End-of-Year Celebration. There will be two to three additional casual socials added to the calendar this academic year. These socials offer opportunities to network with other board members and with the University community. They are also ideal for prospective members to learn more about the mission of the Board of Counselors and to meet current members.
Speed Networking Night
Speed Networking Night (SNN), in partnership with UT Career Services, takes place twice a year, in October and February. The SNN is modeled after speed dating and provides UT students the chance to meet professionals for a 4-minute blitz to learn and apply networking skills and techniques. The Board of Counselors recruit 25 dynamic representatives from a wide range of industries to include environmental science, hospitality, entertainment/performing arts, government, marine science, pharmacy, healthcare, finance (banking and accounting), education, construction, engineering and law to network with the students. Counselors can also participate in mentoring programs by submitting Volunteer Interest Forms (PDF) to the Office of Career Services.
View photos of events and programs on the Board of Counselors Facebook page.