With students enrolled from 130 countries, UT proudly considers students from around the globe for freshman or transfer admission. Proof of English proficiency is required. (This is waived for international students from the Commonwealth Caribbean, Bermuda, Canada, United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, Australia and New Zealand.)
Students should apply through UT's online application.
In order to review a student’s application, the University must receive the following:
- Official transcripts of all secondary school coursework and grades translated in English. (“Official” means that you must request your school to send transcripts directly to the UT admissions office. If that is impossible, send copies that have been certified by your school as “true copies” of the originals after they are copied. An official at your school should sign the document as “true copy of original.”)
- Essay written in English.
- A recommendation written by a counselor, teacher or headmaster.
Applicants must submit one of the following:
- TOEFL: minimum acceptable score is 550 or 79 (Internet based) or 8.5 (Essentials test).
- IELTS: International English Language Testing System – minimum grade of 6.5.
- Duolingo: minimum acceptable score is 110.
International students also must furnish proof of available funds to cover their first year of study (including miscellaneous expenses) and each subsequent year.
Upon admission to the University and satisfactory completion of the financial statement, an I-20 form will be sent to applicants from UT’s admissions office. Applicants must take the I-20 form, a copy of their acceptance letter and financial statement to the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate. After an interview, the embassy or consulate will decide if an F-1 student visa can be issued. To enter the United States, students need this visa in their passport and the I-20 form. Students may not enter the country on a tourist visa with intention to study in the U.S.
The staff in the Office of International Programs assists students with pre-arrival information, orientation and advice on academic, social, cultural and employment matters.
Office of Admissions
The University of Tampa
401 W. Kennedy Blvd., Box F
Tampa, FL 33606-1490 USA
Phone: (813) 253-6211
Fax: (813) 258-7398
Start the admissions process today!
Receive information via mail and email.