Skip to content

The following information will help seniors and master's candidates be fully prepared for graduation.

Want to Know How Much You've Borrowed?

Visit the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) to view information about all of the federal student loans you have received and to find contact information for the loan servicer or lender for your federal student loans (includes the Direct Loan Subsidized and Unsubsidized, and Perkins loans). You will need your Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID to access your information (the same FSA ID you used to sign your FAFSA application).

On NSLDS, you’ll also find out who the servicer is on your loan(s). This is the company to which you’ll be making your loan payments.

You can find more general information about loans and repayment at

Loan Exit Counseling

Not only is Loan Exit Counseling a requirement, there is a lot of good information offered about your federal student loans, repayment, what to do if you’re having trouble making payments and consolidation. Complete Loan Exit Counseling online here or attend one of the Loan Exit Counseling presentations given by professional UT Financial Aid counselors before you graduate. Towards the end of the fall and spring semesters, dates for counseling sessions are announced via email to students.

Alternative Loans

Did you take alternative loans to help pay for your UT education? There are loan consolidation, forbearance and deferment options available. For more information on these options contact your private loan lender directly.

Resolving Disputes

As a last resort, contact the Department of Education Student Loan Ombudsman (advocate) office:

FSA Ombudsman
830 First Street, NE, Mail Stop 5144
Washington, D.C. 20202-5144
(877) 557-2575