The accounting program teaches:
- The science of accounting and how it relates to the implementation
of accepted accounting principles, both domestically and
- How to anticipate and formulate accounting responses to a changing
business environment across the functional areas of a business.
- The preparation and communication of accounting reports.
- Technical proficiency in financial accounting, managerial/cost
accounting, accounting information systems, auditing, federal taxation,
and business law.
- Professional and ethical accounting standards and codes of conduct.
- Technological and research skills necessary to resolve accounting, audit, tax, and legal issues within a business.
- The ability to synthesize data, knowledge, and insight together to understand and analyze problems.
- The ability to select and apply appropriate tools and models to solve business problems.