All prospective MTR majors MUST audition and be accepted into the program as well as apply for acceptance to The University of Tampa.
All auditions for musical theatre, theatre and dance will be accepted digitally. There will be no in-person auditions until further notice.
All audition material should be submitted using your SpartanStart Portal (you will receive access to your SpartanStart Portal once you apply to UT).
To be considered for performance-based scholarships, auditions must be submitted by March 1.
Students should prepare the following materials for the audition process
- One “up-tempo” AND one “ballad” from the musical theatre repertoire (32-bar cuts each)
- One contemporary monologue—comic or dramatic—not to exceed 1:30 minutes
Prospective students should also be prepared to discuss any prior formal dance training. If you have any questions, please contact Phoebe Perelman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Topics of Study
- music theory and musicianship
- music ensembles
- career development audition seminar
- world theatre
- play analysis
- musical theatre
- dance partnering
- jazz dance
- tap dance
- roles in national touring companies
- roles in films
- roles in regional professional theatres
- full-time work at local theme parks
Experiential Learning Opportunities
- musical theatre productions
- dramatic theatre productions
- in-residence workshops with established musical theatre artists
- internship opportunities with a local theme park or theatre company
- Dance Happening
- Spring Dance Concert