Academic coaching is a program offered by the Academic Excellence Programs office in the Academic Success Center. The program matches undergraduate students with a trained academic coach who will meet with the student weekly and assist them in their quest to be successful students. Academic coaches are committed to providing outstanding service to our students by utilizing coaching strategies that facilitate the development of each student served.
Coaching focuses on personal development, time management, goal setting, motivation, study skills, resource connection and campus engagement. Understanding that each student is unique, the role of the coach is to guide the student in the discovery process and help the student reach his or her full potential.
Why have a coach?
- Understand transitional difficulties
- Help improve GPA
- Discover personal learning style
- Organization or time management tips
- Strategies to beat procrastination
- Study strategies for tests or assignments
- Assistance in problem-solving skills
- Provide assurance student is capable of learning and achieving academic goals
- Personal responsibility and accountability
- Goal setting and tracking accomplishments
- Fulfill academic and personal potential at UT
We offer two types of coaching options:
Drop-in sessions: These sessions are designed for students to receive immediate assistance during any of the drop-in hours listed. (Please note that you could be working with a different academic coach each time you utilize drop-in coaching.) Sign-in to Navigate to view the drop-in coaching schedule.
Structured coaching sessions: These sessions are designed for students to meet with an academic coach four times a semester. (You will work with the same academic coach for all of your sessions.) Request an academic coach.
If you or someone you know is interested in having a coach or learning more about the program, request an academic coach.
Academic Excellence Programs is located in the Academic Success Center in North Walker Hall.