UT is proud to serve those who serve our country.
The University of Tampa administers various types of veterans educational benefits to veterans and their dependents pursuing degree programs at UT.
U.S. News and World Report ranked The University of Tampa #14 in Best Colleges for Veterans of Regional Universities South. Schools are ranked according to their performance across a set of widely accepted indicators of excellence.
Please click on the links below for information on commonly asked questions and locations for assistance.
Which benefit program are you eligible for?
- Post-9/11 GI Bill® CH 33 (includes Yellow Ribbon Program information)/ Fry Scholarship
- Montgomery GI Bill® CH 30 (MGIB-AD, MGIB – SR)
- Dependents' Educational Assistance CH 35
- Vocational Rehabilitation CH 31
- If you are not sure which VA benefit program applies to you, please visit U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs for further information regarding the available programs.
- If you are still unsure which program applies to you, please contact the Veteran Hotline at (888) 442-4551.
Important information for enrolled students:
Be sure to keep track of your remaining benefits to gain the maximum benefit from your GI Bill®. For each term that is certified to the VA, you will be emailed or mailed an updated certificate of eligibility (COE) that shows how much time you have remaining once the term you are in has ended. If you are not receiving these letters, please contact the VA and update your address. The Veterans Certifying Official does not have access to this information, so it is up to you to keep track of your remaining benefit time. Changes to enrollment could result in a debt. Consult with the Veterans Certifying Official prior to adjusting your enrollment after the add/drop period.
If your benefits exhaust during enrollment
- For veterans using CH 33 benefits, if your GI Bill® exhausts during a term, the VA will pay the full tuition and fees for the term you are currently attending.
- For dependents using CH 33 benefits, if your GI Bill® exhausts during a term, the VA will ONLY pay for tuition and fees up to the end date of your benefits. It will be the responsibility of the student to cover the remaining tuition and fees expenses for that term.
For more information, please visit U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs. For questions concerning specific claims related to education benefits only, please call the Education Call Center at (888) 442-4551.
Additional Resources for Veterans, Active Duty Military and Dependents
Not all chapters of the GI Bill® will fully fund the cost of attending The University of Tampa. However, there are many types of scholarships available that can help with the cost of attending college. These forms of funding can be used in conjunction with any form of the GI Bill®, and will make it easier to pursue a degree. Check out Military One Source to see if there are any scholarships that pertain to you:
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
Office of Veterans Educational Benefits, Registrar's Office
Graduate and Health Studies Building (GHS), sixth floor, Room 606
Phone: (813) 257-3975
Fax: (813) 258-7238
Plant Hall, Room 428
Phone: (813) 253-6202
Fax: (813) 258-7227