1. When is your rental season?
Due to our limited space and growing student population, our rental season is from May-July.
2. Can I have my event during winter break?
Our rental season is from May-July without exception.
3. Can I schedule a venue tour on the weekend?
Our office operates weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Staff will not be present on weekends. Please email us to schedule a tour.
4. May I use an outside caterer?
All events must use our in-house caterer. This includes alcoholic beverages and bartenders. Please view the caterer's available selections.
5. Do alumni/staff receive discounts?
Alumni receive a 10% discount and must stay within our rental season. Staff may email us for more information.
6. What is included in my rental?
The maintencance fee covers one setup per space, the use of our in-house tables and chairs, parking, and facility usage (electricity, water, etc). Please view our wedding guide for more information.
7. Is there a discount for nonprofit organizations?
Nonprofits are entitled to tax exemptions with the appropriate forms.
8. Can I rent the chapel?
The chapel is a non-rentable space.
9. Can I get married on the steps of Plant Hall?
Plant Hall is a dominantly public space, and the public cannot be barred from having access to the lobby, restrooms or verandahs, including the front steps. Seating at the base of the steps is not permitted. Alterative options will be displayed during the venue tour.
10. May I sell tickets to my event?
Unfortunately, The University of Tampa does not permit the sale of tickets for events.
11. What is needed to host my event here?
In order to officially book a space a 50% deposit is required upon signing a contract. The remaining balance, a $2,000 refundable damage deposit, and a COI in the amount of $1,000,000 listing The University of Tampa as additional insured is required no later than 30 days prior to the event date.
12. Will staff be present at my event?
Your event coordinator may be present at your event subject to their availability.
13. I would like to use one space for multiple purposes. Is this possible?
Each event receives one layout for their event per space.
14. Is there a dressing room for the bride and groom?
No. Brides and grooms are welcome to use our public restrooms. The restrooms must remain public throughout the event.
15. Do you provide media services or decor?
At this time we do not supply media services or decor. Floral arrangements may be done through our catering department.
16. Can I host a political event here?
Political events require additional consideration and will be considered on a case by case basis.
17. Can I prevent people from accessing Plant Hall during my event?
Plant Hall is a dominantly public space and the public cannot be barred from having access to the lobby, restrooms, or verandahs. Only the ballrooms are private. For events on the verandah, the area in front of the museum, stairs and main doors will remain public space and cannot be stanchioned off.
18. Do you have a wedding guide?
Please view our wedding guide.