International Business Degrees
The international business degrees are designed to provide in-depth expertise in a specific business discipline coupled with a broader global business perspective. They also provide an interdisciplinary global perspective, including language proficiency, cultural awareness and a study abroad experience. Students choose from seven international business majors, including accounting, economics, entrepreneurship, finance, management, marketing or management information systems.
More than ever, advancements in technology, the reduction of trade barriers, and the emergence of growing economies in Brazil, India and China, among others, are influencing business transactions. They are also factors that increase the value of an international business degree.
Topics of Study
- Global business challenges in accounting, finance, human resources, marketing, public relations, production and logistics.
- Societal, economic, geographic, historical, legal, regulatory, and political factors influencing international business, trade and investment.
- Strategies for entering foreign markets including exporting, licensing, strategic alliances and direct foreign investment.
- Management of cultural differences and organization of international negotiations.
- Ethical decision-making in a global context.
- International capital markets and and financial, political, and economic international risks.
- How culture, infrastructure, government, and consumer characteristics affect international marketing.
- Analysis of global industries and competitors.
UT encourages students to recognize global career options in various disciplines and industries. International business majors often pursue careers in multinational firms and small independent companies with international activities or government agencies. Graduates can also engage in banking prospects such as corporate lending and international investment work.
Experiential Learning Opportunities
UT’s education abroad programs prepare students to be global-ready. Students may fulfill the education abroad requirement through participation in:
Education Abroad Opportunities
UT Travel Courses
Semester/Year Abroad Programs
Community-Based Service Learning Abroad