The University of Tampa Counseling Services provides alcohol and other drug assessments, psychoeducational groups, 1-1 counseling, and referral to treatment as needed. Please contact email@example.com or call (813) 253-6250 to make an appointment.
On-Campus Alcohol Anonymous (AA) meetings are hosted by the UT 717 Group. Meetings are held every Friday at 7:17 p.m. For more information, please contact the Wellness Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find a Recovery Meeting Near you
- Online resource list on virtual recovery meetings (national or CRC level), social events and staff support events.
- Students in Recovery Support Group via GroupMe for all students in recovery. This GroupMe group’s purpose is to connect students in recovery across the nation during a time of social distancing. Students in this group can use this group to connect, share information about virtual events and webinars, and more on a mass level. Join the GroupMe chat.
- Recovery Pen Pal program. Students will complete a survey, and ARHE interns and staff will match students based on their preferences and interests. Students will have the option to send snail mail, use video platforms, or email/call. Anyone interested in participating can fill out the survey for the Pen Pal Program.
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Narcotics Anonymous
- Eating Disorders Anonymous
- Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous
- Codependency Anonymous
- Sex Addicts Anonymous
Alcohol Use Disorders Resources
- Alcohol Help
- Alcohol Rehab Help
- 10 Medications You Shouldn't Mix with Alcohol
- Alcohol Awareness for College Students
- Mixing Alcohol with Other Drugs
Drug Use Disorders Resources
- Guide to Low Cost or Free Drug Rehab Options
- Opioid Addiction
- Opioid Help
- How Do Drugs Affect the Brain?
- Navigating College While in Recovery from a Substance Use Disorder
- Natural High
- 9 Natural Highs that Support a Life in Recovery
- Title IX and Substance Use
Tobacco Information and Cessation
Tobacco, Nicotine and Vaping 21 Law: Purchasing, possessing or using tobacco, nicotine or vapes under the age of 21 is prohibited by law. FDA (2021)
Ready to quit tobacco/e-cigarettes? We are here to help. Virtual cessation is available. Email us at email@example.com.
- How Much Money Will You Save If You Quit Smoking Calculator
- Healthline Smoking Effects
- How Do Cigarettes Affect the Body?
- Tobacco-Free Florida
Alcohol and Other Drug Resources
The Florida Council on Compulsive Gambling (FCCG) is committed to increasing public awareness about problem and compulsive gambling. The FCCG provides referral services and supports residents in need of assistance with a gambling addiction, as well as to professionals and others servicing this population. FCCG provides problem gambling information for college students and loved ones. Please call 888-ADMIT-IT or text (321) 978-0555 for assistance.
- The Phoenix
- Online Recovery Yoga Classes
- Psychology Today Therapist Locator
- Start Your Recovery
- SAMHSA Treatment Locator
- Treatment and Recovery Resources for Veterans
- Help.org Recovery Resource
Substance Use Disorders and Recovery Video Resources
- Finding Sobriety on a Mountaintop (TED Talk)
- Transcending Addiction and Redefining Recovery (TED Talk)
Recovery Resources for Support Systems
The Phoenix is an active sobriety community that fuels resilience and harnesses the transformational power of connection so that together we rise, recover, and live.
Normal Hours of Operation:
Monday–Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Summer Hours of Operation:
Monday–Thursday 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.