UPDATE MARCH 26: Our Counseling Services are continuing to serve students remotely through individual sessions, support groups, educational talks and crisis walk-ins to Campus Safety.
- For students wanting to start counseling with our services, please call our Health and Wellness Center at (813) 253-6250, and you will be set up for a phone call with one of our counseling providers who will set up video sessions via Zoom.
- Support groups via Zoom are being offered for several of our populations. Support groups are forming for our seniors, our students adjusting to being back home, our international students, our athletes and we continue our woman of color support group. If you are interested in any of these support groups please email firstname.lastname@example.org. One of the counseling team members will respond with information about your group of interest. If you have a different need for a support group, please email email@example.com,and a counseling team member will respond.
- Health educational talks are being created and will be listed on our UT daily calendar.
- Crisis walk-in appointments are also available. Please go to our Campus Safety office, and you will be connected with a counselor via Zoom on your phone.
- For support resources, please visit the wellness center resource page and our Ajivar mindfulness and resiliency app pages.
We are here for our students. Please know our Counseling Services are prepared to help.
Counseling can assist students in dealing with the challenges that college life brings. It can help to develop and strengthen skills to overcome new challenges or ones that have been impacting your life for a while. Counseling Services is a confidential place where students can come to discuss a variety of issues impacting their functioning to ensure academic success. Our goal in Counseling Services is to provide a safe and caring environment where each student's needs are met.
Individual therapy at The University of Tampa consists of 45-50 minutes session with a counseling professional. Students may also be seen for medication appointments. A student's treatment plan will be tailored to individual needs and may include medication consultation and prescriptions. Students wanting weekly or bi-weekly counseling will receive a personalized off campus referral based on the student's preferences and needs.