1. Who is eligible to apply for SURE?
SURE is for incoming first-year students who are interested in research or creative activity. Students who have expressed an interest in research or who have a record of academic excellence are nominated by their Admissions counselors and apply through SLATE.
2. How do I get started on the application process?
If you are interested in the SURE program, please let your Admissions counselor know. Find the name of your Admissions counselor.
3. When will I know if I have been accepted into the SURE program?
SURE applications are due on March 1. Notifications of acceptance are made on a rolling basis during the preceding spring semester and will continue until all spaces are filled.
4. How long will the SURE program last?
The SURE program occurs during the fall and spring semester of your first year, but your connections to faculty and your fellow students will likely continue throughout your time at UT and beyond.
5. How many students will be accepted into the SURE program?
The SURE program will have 25-30 students.