Schedule a student medical appointment:
Certain types of appointments are available only on certain days. Services are provided on an appointment basis, but walk-ins will be evaluated and given appointments or seen immediately based on the urgency of their condition.
Students should use the Student Health Portal to complete medical visit forms prior to their appointment. This allows the student to complete forms at their convenience, accurately and in privacy, also shortening their time in the Health and Wellness Center lobby where they may be exposed to other illnesses.
Arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. This allows you to have time to fill out any additional paperwork and will maximize the amount of time you are able to spend with your medical provider. If you arrive at your appointment time more than 5 minutes late, you will be rescheduled for another time.
To increase appointment slots available, students who cannot make their appointment as scheduled need to call and reschedule. A no show fee will be charged if you do not cancel/reschedule as indicated below:
- Counseling Appointments: $25 fee if not canceled a minimum of 24 hours before appointment time.
- Women's Health Appointments: $25 fee if not canceled a minimum of two hours before appointment time.
- Nexplanon Placement or Removal Appointments: $50 fee if not canceled a minimum of two hours before appointment time.
- Any Other Appointments: $25 fee if not canceled a minimum of two hours before appointment time.
Students can cancel appointments through the Student Health Portal, by sending an email to email@example.com or by calling our office at (813) 253-6250.
Student Health Insurance
If you are a registered undergraduate student taking 12 or more credit hours or a registered international student with an F-1 or J-1 visa, you are automatically enrolled in United Healthcare Student Insurance program. Domestic graduate students may purchase the student health insurance through United Healthcare Student Resources. Medical Services is not contracted to provide services under any other health insurance policy other than the student health insurance. For services that are not covered by student health insurance, Medical Services charges a reasonable fee at the time of visit.
Full-time undergraduate and international students:
Full-time undergraduate and all international students pay a mandatory student health fee each semester. This provides for full use of the Dickey Health and Wellness Center, which includes health, counseling and wellness services.
Service provided off-campus at a preferred provider is covered under the following conditions:
- First $2,500 in claims: Insurance pays covered benefits at 80 percent and student pays 20 percent.
- After $2,500 in claims have been paid: student pays $2,500 deductible.
- After $2,500 deductible is met: Insurance pays covered benefits at 100 percent.
- Diagnostics (X-rays, labs, etc.) ARE subject to the above out-of-pocket costs.
- ER expenses: $100 copay and subject to the above out-of-pocket costs.
There are also conditions that are EXCLUDED by the policy. A list of these exclusions can be found in the full policy at www.uhcsr.com.
It is not advised to drop any existing private insurance policy you have in addition to the school insurance policy. The student policy can be used in conjunction with other insurance policies to provide better coverage with less out of pocket costs based on policy guidelines. For detailed information on the student health fee, go to Student Health Fee FAQ
Full-time graduate students:
Full-time graduate students have the option of voluntarily purchasing a health insurance policy through United HealthCare Student Resources. This policy may be used at the Dickey Health and Wellness Center for covered benefits. To learn more or to purchase this policy, students should call United HealthCare Student Resources Customer Service at (888) 224-4846.
Accessing Your Student Insurance Information:
You can access the following information online or on the smart phone app:
- Display and print your ID card
- Find a network provider
- Find the closest network pharmacy
- Check on your claims
- Review policy coverage
Steps to using online resources:
- Go to www.uhcsr.com
- If this is your first time using to this site, click on Create My Account Now.
- Register a user name and password using your spartans.ut.edu email address (do not use SR ID to register).
- Follow links and search options to access the information you need
For more information or any questions pertaining to the student health insurance policy or coverage details, please call United HealthCare Student Resources Customer Service at (888) 224-4846 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
United HealthCare Student Resources Contact Information:
Web Site: www.uhcsr.com
Claims Phone: (888) 224-4846
Claims Email: email@example.com
Claims Address: P.O. Box 809025 Dallas, TX 75380-9025