Meet Muhammad Al-Abdullah
Assistant Professor, Information and Technology Management
Phone: (813) 257-3779
Address: 401 W. Kennedy Blvd. Tampa, FL 33606
Building: TECH Room: 554E
2005 Yarmouk University, BSc
2007 Salford University, MSc
2015 Virginia Commonwealth University, Ph.D.
Web and Mobile Technology Applications
Machine Learning for Business Analytics
Muhammad Al-Abdullah has an interdisciplinary research portfolio. The areas he focuses on are security, blockchain, anti-money laundering and machine learning.
Professional and Community Activities
REFEREED JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS
- Alsharo, M. Alnsour, Y. and Al-Abdullah, M. (2018) “How Habit Affects Continuous Use: Evidence from Jordan’s National Health Information System,” Informatics for Health and Social Care, 21, pp. 1-14.
- Alsmadi, I. and Al-Abdullah, M. (2020) “A Model for Reputation Rank in Online Social Networks and its Applications,” International Journal of Social Network Mining (IJSNM).
- Al-Abdullah, M., Alsmadi, I., Al-Abdullah, R, and Farkas, B. (In Press), “Designing Privacy-friendly Data Repositories: A framework for a blockchain that follows the GDPR,” Digital Policy, Regulation and Governance.
- Khasawneh, M., Al-Abdullah, M. (In Press), ‘An Investigation of the Factors that Motivate Users to Participate in Online Communities”, International Journal of E-Business Research.
- Alsmadi, I., Al-Abdullah, M. (2018). “Applications of a Model to Evaluate and Utilize User’s Interactions in Online Social Networks.” Machine Learning for Computer and Cyber Security (pp.105–121). Edited by Brij Gupta and Michael Sheng, Published by Taylor and Francis
- Alsmadi, I., Al-Abdullah, M. (2018) “Testing Assessment of Group Collaborations in OSNs,” Emerging Research Challenges and Opportunities in Computational Social Network Analysis and Mining (pp. 131–152). Edited by Nitin Agarwal, Nima Dokoohaki, Serpil Tokdemir. Published by Springer
- Al-Abdullah, M., Weistroffer, R. and Sidaoui, M. “Securing Humanitarian Information Exchange: a Mediator-Wrapper Architecture.” In Proceedings of the 23rd Americas Conference on Information Systems, Boston, MA, August, 2017.
- Etudo, U., Al-Abdullah, M. “An Actionable Representation for Popular Fundamental Investment Strategies.” In Proceedings of the 23rd Americas Conference on Information Systems, Boston, MA, August, 2017.
- Etudo, U. Weistroffer, R. and Al-Abdullah, M. “Adaptive Structuration Theory and Media Richness Theory in GSS Research: A Critical Review.” In Proceedings of the 48th Annual Hawaii International Conference on Systems Sciences, Kauai, HI, January 5–8, 2015
- Weistroffer, R., Al-Abdullah, M., Mohajeri, K., Farkas, B., and Sayamala, L. “Critical Bibliography for System Analysis and Design Research.” In Proceedings of the 10th Association of Information Systems (AIS) Special Interest Group on Systems Analysis and Design (SIGSAND) Symposium, Bloomington, Indiana, USA, June, 2011
- Al-Abdullah, M., and Weistroffer, R. “A Framework to Enhance Decision Outcomes: Data Quality Perspective.” In Proceedings of the Southern Association of Information Systems, Georgia, Atlanta, USA, March, 2011, pp. 1–15
NON-REFEREED CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS
- Al-Abdullah, M. “Blockchain Applications and Risks When Applied to Fight Against Corruption.” Presented in the Thirty- Seventh Cambridge International Symposium on Economic Crime, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK, September, 2019
- Al-Abdullah, M. “Identity on the Blockchain.” Presented in the Cyber Security Conference (CYBPOS), Amman, Jordan, September, 2019
- Al-Abdullah, M. “Bridging the Gap Between Education and Practice in the Field of Anti-Money Laundering and Financial Crimes.” Presented in the Thirty-Fifth Cambridge International Symposium on Economic Crime, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK, September, 2017
- Al-Abdullah, M. “The Chaotic Nature of Adapting Technology in Anti-Money Laundering.” Presented in the Thirty-Second Cambridge International Symposium on Economic Crime, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK, September, 2014
- Al-Abdullah, M. "Technology, Anti-Money Laundering, and Gray Markets." The 12th Annual Security Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA April, 2013
Honors and Awards
University of San Francisco, Service Merit Award, 2019
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist, 2019
- Blockchain Developer, 2017
- Salesforce System Administrator, Salesforce University, 2017
- Project Management Professional (PMP), 2014
- CompTIA Security+, 2014
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), 2014
- Information Storage Management EMC Training, 2013
- Six Sigma Quality and Process Improvement Black Belt, 2012