Student Health Insurance
If you are a registered undergraduate student taking 12 or more credit hours or a registered international student with an F-1 or J-1 visa, you are automatically enrolled in United Healthcare Student Insurance program. Domestic graduate students may purchase the student health insurance through United Healthcare Student Resources. Medical Services is not contracted to provide services under any other health insurance policy other than the student health insurance. For services that are not covered by student health insurance, Medical Services charges a reasonable fee at the time of visit.
Full-time undergraduate and international students:
- First $2,500 in claims: $2,500 per insured person, per policy year utilizing preferred providers. The deductible will not be applied until the company has paid $2,500 in covered medical expenses.
- After $2,500 in claims have been paid by the company: Insurance pays covered benefits at 80 percent and student pays 20 percent
- After $2,500 deductible is met: Insurance pays covered benefits at 100 percent.
- Diagnostics (X-rays, labs, etc.) ARE subject to the above out-of-pocket costs.
- ER expenses: $100 copay (the copay maybe waived if admitted to the hospital) and subject to the above out-of-pocket costs.
- Out-of Pocket Maximum: After the out-of pocket maximum has been satisfied, covered medical expenses will be paid at 100 percent for the remainder of the policy year subject to any applicable benefit maximums. Refer to the plan certificate for details about how the out-of pocket maximum applies.
There are also conditions that are EXCLUDED by the policy. A list of these exclusions can be found in the full policy at www.uhcsr.com.
A Guide to Using Your Student Insurance
Full-time graduate students:
Accessing Your Student Insurance Information:
You can access the following information online or on the smart phone app:
- Display and print your ID card
- Find a network provider
- Find the closest network pharmacy
- Check on your claims
- Review policy coverage
Steps to using online resources:
- Go to www.uhcsr.com
- If this is your first time using to this site, click on Create My Account Now.
- Register a user name and password using your spartans.ut.edu email address (do not use SR ID to register).
- Follow links and search options to access the information you need
For more information or any questions pertaining to the student health insurance policy or coverage details, please call United HealthCare Student Resources Customer Service at (888) 224-4846 or email email@example.com.
United HealthCare Student Resources Contact Information:
Schedule a student medical appointment: (813) 253-6250
Students should use the Student Health Portal to complete medical visit forms prior to their appointment. This allows the student to complete forms at their convenience, accurately and in privacy, also shortening their time in the Health and Wellness Center lobby where they may be exposed to other illnesses.
Arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. This allows you to have time to fill out any additional paperwork and will maximize the amount of time you are able to spend with your medical provider. If you arrive at your appointment time more than 5 minutes late, you will be rescheduled for another time.
To increase appointment slots available, students who cannot make their appointment as scheduled need to call and reschedule. A no show fee will be charged if you do not cancel/reschedule as indicated below:
- Counseling Appointments: $25 fee if not cancelled a minimum of 24 hours before appointment time.
- Women's Health Appointments: $25 fee if not cancelled a minimum of two hours before appointment time.
- Nexplanon Placement or Removal Appointments: $50 fee if not cancelled a minimum of two hours before appointment time.
- Any Other Appointments: $25 fee if not cancelled a minimum of two hours before appointment time.
Students can cancel appointments by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our office at (813) 253-6250.