Leadership in action: Spartan Ready® Leadership Exchange
Kennesaw State University
Participants will engage in a six-month exploration of leadership, service, and the social issues of homelessness and poverty as they exist in the United States, Tampa and Kennesaw/Atlanta, GA. Student partnerships will be made and, through these collaborative relationships, a team project focused on homelessness will be completed. Students will engage in a series of leadership sessions related to these areas over the sixth-month long experience. Students will connect with Kennesaw State students on an immersive, experiential, service-learning trip off-campus.
Leadership Exchange Objectives
- Students will build relationships with students from another institution.
- Students will develop a better understanding of self.
- Students will develop a better understanding of the social issues of homelessness and poverty.
- Students will engage in an immersion project focused on homelessness and poverty.
- Students will learn how to effectively work within a team in a very autonomous environment.
- Students will build Spartan Ready® competency skills.
Who can apply to participate?
Open-minded individuals looking for a unique experience to challenge themselves both as leaders and individuals. Successful students who will be creative and have a sincere commitment to this program. This is not a credited course, but participants will be required to attend several mandatory workshops over the year.
Please see our Engage page to apply for the Leadership Exchange in the fall.
For more information please contact The Office of Student Leadership and Engagement located in the Vaughn Center, Room 215. For general information or assistance, call (813) 253-6233, email@example.com