Due to COVID-19 The University of Tampa has extended remote instructional coursework delivery through the end of the summer semester. In addition, business operations will be conducted remotely beginning March 26, 2020.
How does this affect transcript requests?
We highly recommend that you choose the electronic delivery method when ordering your official transcript. Be sure to check with the gaining school or agency to confirm they will accept an electronic delivery method. Also, confirm the correct email address where they want the transcript sent. If you choose the mailing delivery method, please note that paper transcripts, both official and unofficial, are only being processed on Wednesdays. This could cause a delay in the delivery of your transcript.
These business practices will be in effect until further notice. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
Both official and unofficial transcripts are available. Printed official transcripts contain the University seal, are on special tamper-proof paper and are sealed in an envelope that states it is only official if received unopened. Electronic PDF delivery of transcripts is available when ordering online. Unofficial transcripts are free and contain the same text but are printed on plain paper.
Ordering While on Campus
Printed official and unofficial transcripts can be ordered in person in the Registrar's Office (Plant Hall 90, on the first floor of Plant Hall) any time between 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. weekdays. Show a photo ID when picking up the transcript. Official transcripts are $10 per copy.
Ordering Official Transcripts Online
The University of Tampa has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering via the Web. You can order transcripts using any major credit card. Your card will only be charged after your order has been completed.
- To order an official transcript:
- Visit Clearinghouse secure site (you do not need a UT ID number to place an order on the National Student Clearinghouse website).
- If you have a SpartanWeb student account and a Social Security Number, click on the "Order Transcripts and Certifications" page within the Academics tab which will then redirect you to the National Student Clearinghouse.
- The site will walk you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees. You can order as many transcripts as you like in a single session. An additional processing fee of $2.50 will be charged per recipient in addition to the $10 fee charged per transcript.
- Order updates will be emailed or sent via text message. You can also check order status or history online.
- Upon receipt, transcript requests will be processed within 10 business days. An express option is available. Express orders are processed in up to two business days.
Please note that if your order requires express shipping: domestic, Mexico, Canada, Caribbean or international, you as the student are responsible for creating and paying for the shipping label that The University of Tampa will use to send your order. Once the label is created, please upload it as a PDF attachment when placing your transcript request through the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Orders for archived academic records prior to 1990 may take longer to process. If accurate recipient or student information is not provided by the student, orders may take longer to process.
- The University of Tampa does not guarantee receipt of transcripts by third parties. Printed transcripts are mailed via the United States Postal Service. Verify the specific mailing address to better ensure delivery.
Ordering Transcripts By Mail
- Download the transcript request form
- Fill out completely and sign
- Send with check or money order to: The University of Tampa, Registrar's Office, 401 W. Kennedy Blvd., Tampa, FL 33606
Ordering Unofficial Transcripts
Transcripts are not emailed due to federal privacy regulations.
Copies of unofficial transcripts are FREE and available in print form. Requests can be made in person in the Registrar's Office, Plant Hall 90, or by filling out and signing the Unofficial Transcript Request Form.
Options for submitting the unofficial transcript request form:
- Email form as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax form to (813) 258-7238
- Mail: Send the unofficial transcript request form to: The University of Tampa, Registrar's Office, 401 W. Kennedy Blvd., Tampa, FL 33606.
Unofficial transcripts are normally sent via mail but can be faxed directly to other schools if a school fax number and recipient is provided on the signed release form.