KeepWorking UT for Staff
The University of Tampa provides access to technology, tools and resources to facilitate working remotely. We are committed to helping staff to optimize their online experience with technology.
- Understand the Basics
Protect Your Passwords
- Make sure to read the acceptable use policy (AUP)
- Never share your MyUTampa password with anyone
- Make sure your MyUTampa password is unique from other accounts you may have
Using Zoom Software
How to prevent Zoom bombing: 5 simple tips
- Never use your personal meeting ID. Each Zoom user has a personal meeting ID—think of it as your Zoom phone number.
- Always use a meeting password.
- Use Zoom's waiting room feature.
- Mute audio and disable video for meeting attendees. (optional)
- Turn off screen sharing for everyone but the meeting host/co host.
Keep your Zoom Software Up-to-date
- When prompted, always run updates from Zoom as they may contain important security items.
- To take advantage of new features in Zoom, update your software often.
Using Office 365 and OneDrive
Protect your Data while using the "Anyone with the Link" Sharing Setting
- Use View only permissions, by unchecking the allow editing
- Set a password, and send it separately to those who you are sharing the document with
- Consider toggling the block download option
- Links will have a 120-day automatic expiration
Sharing Documents using OneDrive
Using OneDrive, you can share Office documents, other files and entire folders. Please see the tips below to show you how. You can stop sharing an item, see who it's shared with or change the permissions of items you have shared.
Find out how to:
Monday - Friday 7:30 am. to 11 p.m.
Weekends 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Login to MyUTampa and click on the Service Desk App
- Email: email@example.com
- Text: +1 813 730 5030
- Call: (813) 253 6293
ITS Service Desk
Launch the Service Desk app in MyUTampa to contact us about any technology issues you might be having or if you are searching for information on your technology resources. UT's Service Desk Portal includes:
- Easy-to-use form for submitting requests and reporting incidents
- Self-service knowledge base – a searchable directory with articles containing tips, tricks and quick solutions for issues that are most commonly reported to ITS.
- Service Catalog – a catalog of services that are provided by ITS, as well as a direct link to request those services.
ITS Service Desk Knowledge Base
Step-by-step instructions are available for many of the commonly used applications at UT, such as Blackboard, Zoom and Workday. To access the knowledge base, log into MyUTampa and then click on the “Service Desk” icon. After logging in, use the search function to locate step-by-step instructions.
Additionally, many direct links to specific knowledge base articles are available on this web page.
UT Campus Network Access
To connect to the wired network, connect your computer to an Ethernet jack, open your browser and enter your domain username and password (see Password Information section below).
Wireless access is available at many locations throughout campus. Login information is the same as your MyUTampa username and password.
- UoT_Faculty&Staff (Recommended for fastest connection) – configured for the 2.4GHz / 5 GHz band and uses WPA2 encryption. You are required to connect to UoT_Secure for your UT Wireless Network access.
- UoT_Guest – configured for guests of the University.
Account and Password Information
MyUTampa, powered by OKTA, is the tool used by UT to reduce the number of sign-ons for select applications. When students, faculty and staff log into MyUTampa, they can seamlessly access other applications without additional usernames and passwords. OKTA is a third-party enterprise-grade identity management service, built for the cloud but compatible with many on premise applications.
Compatible with all browsers, visit (and bookmark!) MyUTampa to begin your reduced-login experience.
For more information about how to setup and use MyUTampa, visit www.ut.edu/myutampa.