The University of Tampa has more than 650 full- and part-time employees. UT offers a flexible benefit package with a selection of medical and dental plans, life insurance, a retirement program with tax-deferred investment options, tuition waiver for employees and their families, paid holidays, sick leave, vacation time, and competitive salaries.
» Search employment opportunities
The mission of Human Resources is to proactively participate in providing a satisfying working environment for all faculty and staff. The Office of Human Resources provides quality human resource services which are relevant, prompt, accurate, and courteous in nature. Human Resources promotes policies and programs which support healthy and productive employees. In pursuit of this mission, the Office of Human Resources will:
- Treat people with dignity and respect.
- Be fair and consistent in actions.
- Work closely with all Departments to ensure the effective and efficient use of Human Resources.
- Contribute to employee development and creativity.
- Be accessible and make every effort to assist people.
- Have fun.
UT BenefitsBenefits for Full-Time Employees
- health insurance (PPO option)
- life insurance equal to employee annual salary, available at no cost to the individual employee
- free tuition for the employee; 75 percent tuition discount for dependent family members
- dental insurance
- salary continuance insurance
- workers compensation insurance
- ARAG Group prepaid legal service
- retirement program
- Suncoast Schools Federal Credit Union membership
- on-campus U.S. Post Office
- free parking
- athletic facilities
- on-campus cafeteria
Paid Time Off
- vacation time - exempt employees, three weeks; non-exempt employees, two weeks
- sick time - 10 days per year
- ten holidays per year
- winter leave
- four-day work week during summer for most departments
- personal days - two per year