One of the best—and easiest—ways you can internationalize your education at The University of Tampa is by taking one of the University’s travel courses. Here’s how it works. Enroll in an on-campus course with a travel component. After the on-campus portion or during spring break, you and your classmates take off, all while earning UT academic credit. Each course’s travel component may last from seven days to four weeks and options vary slightly each year.
Where to begin
Visit the Office of International Programs to discuss these program opportunities with an education abroad advisor. Specifically, students may contact Katherine Pazda or Clara Ohannes. Student walk-in hours are held in Plant Hall 304 and 306; as dates and times may vary due to office events, please consult the current calendar here. All other times are by appointment.
How to apply
The application deadline for spring semester travel courses is Nov. 15. Please note that once courses reach full enrollment they will be closed. Students must first apply online through the Spartans Abroad Program Portal. Please note that instructor permission is required for all travel courses.
- Sept. 18, 2014: Fall Education Abroad Fair
- Nov. 1, 2014: Last day to apply for spring break travel courses (online application and $500 deposit due)
- Nov. 15, 2014: Last day to apply for spring travel courses (online application and $500 deposit due)
- Nov. 15, 2014: Final payment due for spring break travel courses
- Dec. 1, 2014: Last day for $500 deposit refund
- Jan. 29, 2015: Spring Education Abroad Fair
- Feb. 1, 2015: Final payment due for spring travel courses
- April 21-22, 2015: Mandatory pre-departure sessions
UT Travel Course Offerings
Fall travel courses are taught during fall semester or winter intersession. The travel component for these courses takes place during winter intersession. Spring break travel courses are taught in spring semester and the travel component takes place during spring break. Spring travel courses are taught in spring semester and travel soon after the semester concludes. *All program information is subject to change.
Note: Graduating seniors may enroll in a spring travel course; however, degrees and diplomas will be delayed until the end of the semester during which the grade is submitted, usually the August degree conferral date. Please contact International Programs for more information about travel courses and graduation.