M.S. in Finance Admission
Admission is competitive. Applicants are encouraged to apply early. To apply, please use either the paper (PDF)
or online application
. Applications are not reviewed until the Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies receives all required materials. Students are notified of admission decision after materials have been received and evaluated.
Admission Requirements and Documents
- Completed application
- $40 application fee
- Official transcripts of all previous college work received directly from each institution.
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Records Examination (GRE) is required. Pending approval, applicants may submit a request to waive the GMAT through their admissions counselor if they meet the following criteria:
- M.S.-FIN applicants who have passed any level of the CFA exam
PLEASE NOTE: meeting the criteria listed above only qualifies a student to request a GMAT waiver. All GMAT waivers are reviewed on an individual basis and must be approved by a committee. Please contact your admissions counselor for more information.
- M.S.-FIN applicants who submit sufficient evidence they meet the following criteria:
- Three or more years of relevant professional work experience within the past five years (Relevant professional work experience is beyond entry level in any of the following areas: investment banking, research analyst, private equity, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and portfolio management. The applicant must submit for review any work experience not listed. Administrative, back-office and sales positions typically do not qualify for waiving the GMAT. Occupations that require quantitative and analytical skills in their practice are preferred.)
- A business degree from an AACSB-accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or better
- Relevant course work
- Two professional reference forms (PDF) completed by individuals who attest to the applicant's professional background and academic potential.
- Personal statement
- Individual interviews are recommended but not required.
- Work experience is recommended but not required.
- International applicants: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score report.
- June 1 for non-binding Early Action admission or July 15 for regular admission. After July 15 applications will be accepted based on space availability.
- Nov. 1 for non-binding Early Action admission or Dec. 15 for regular admission. After Dec. 15 applications will be accepted based on space availability.
Applicants should send documents to:
The University of Tampa
Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies
401 W. Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33606-1490