Admission is competitive. Applicants are encouraged to apply early. To apply, please use either the paper (PDF) or online application. Applications are not reviewed until the Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies receives all required materials. Students are notified of admission decision after materials have been received and evaluated.
Admission Requirements and Documents
- Completed application
- $40 application fee
- Official transcripts of all previous college work received directly from each institution
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Records Examination (GRE) is required. Pending approval, applicants may submit a request to waive the GMAT through their admissions counselor if they meet the following criteria:
- M.S. in Finance applicants who have passed any level of the CFA exam
PLEASE NOTE: meeting the criteria listed above only qualifies a student to request a GMAT waiver. All GMAT waivers are reviewed on an individual basis and must be approved by a committee. Please contact your admissions counselor for more information.
- M.S. in Finance applicants who submit sufficient evidence they meet the following criteria:
- Three or more years of relevant professional work experience within the past five years (relevant professional work experience is beyond entry level in any of the following areas: investment banking, research analyst, private equity, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and portfolio management). The applicant must submit for review any work experience not listed. Administrative, back-office and sales positions typically do not qualify for waiving the GMAT. Occupations that require quantitative and analytical skills in their practice are preferred.
- A business degree from an AACSB-accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or better
- Relevant coursework
- Two professional reference forms (PDF) completed by individuals who attest to the applicant's professional background and academic potential. Letters of recommendation are accepted, if preferred.
- Professional résumé
- Personal statement: In approximately 500-1,000 words, describe your professional goals and how a graduate degree from The University of Tampa will help you accomplish those goals. In turn, you may also want to emphasize what you can contribute to the graduate program.
- Individual interviews are recommended but not required.
- Work experience is recommended but not required.
- International applicants: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score report
Applications are evaluated for fall, spring and summer terms on a
rolling basis. Qualified students are admitted until spaces are full
for the relevant term. Due to this, admission is competitive, and
students are encouraged to apply early. Students are notified of their
status once all documents have been received.
Applicants can send required documents the following ways*:
Email: email@example.com (Recommended)
Fax: (813) 258-7451
The University of Tampa
Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies
401 W. Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33606-1490
*Please note that official documents must come in the original form.