There are several options for taxi service in Tampa including United Cab, Yellow Cab of Tampa and Tampa Water Taxi. For a complete list of options, including trolley and bus routes, visit the Tampa Downtown Partnership.
Cab Safety Tips
Before getting into the taxi, make sure the driver agrees to take you to your destination.
- Do not travel alone, and be extra careful late at night.
- Passengers should sit in the back of the cab. If the driver insists someone has to sit up front, wait for the next cab.
- When you get into the taxi, note the company name, code number displayed, driver’s name, ID and photograph if possible.
- Know your location at all times. Know where you are going and pay attention if the driver seems to be taking you the wrong direction.
- Be alert and aware. Don’t spend the entire ride texting your friends.
- Do not flash or display your money. Have the money you will need to pay the driver handy so you can pay quickly and get out of the cab.
- Follow-up and report any behavioral incidents.
Any individual subjected to inappropriate behavior by a cab driver may take action by contacting the Hillsborough County Public Transportation Commission. The alleged incident may be reported via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by calling (813) 272-5814, ext. 18. Tampa Police Department, (813) 231-6130, and/or UT Campus Safety and Security should also be notified.
You should be prepared to provide:
- A brief summary of the alleged incident.
- Your name and contact information.
- The cab number.
- Date and approximate time of incident.
- Basic description of the cab driver.
- Names and contact information for any witnesses.