Educating Leaders in Today's Environment (ELITE)
Apply for Spring 2017 ELITE, a highly interactive leadership program designed specifically for incoming transfer students!
- Build on your experiences as a transfer student
- Expand your skill sets to lead on campus
- Set yourself up for success at UT
- Participate in this exciting leadership development experience held after spring orientation 2017
Applications due: Dec. 9
Notifications sent: Dec. 14
Program dates: Jan. 15-16, 2017
Program fee: $25, includes meals, program supplies and a T-shirt
Stay tuned for more information about the Fall 2017 ELITE program! The application will be available early spring 2017.
Committed to the skills, values and practices of effective leadership, the University invites all interested incoming first-year undergraduate students to apply for an exciting leadership program: ELITE (Educating Leaders In Today’s Environment). This highly interactive program serves as an entry point to leadership programs and opportunities at UT. ELITE is a two-day, overnight off-campus retreat scheduled before orientation for the Fall semester. There is a $150 non-refundable fee associated with those who are accepted into the program. Payment is due prior to attending the retreat. A limited number of need-based scholarships are available.
There are two different ELITE programs offered each fall:
ELITE Classic - Our traditional retreat focuses on introducing students to the social change model of leadership development. Participants are introduced to the seven values of the model through highly interactive group activities, discussion and personal reflection. The retreat is held at the DaySpring Conference Center in Ellenton, FL.
ELITE Outdoors – This retreat introduces participants to various roles, skills and behaviors apparent in team leadership. Roughing it and intentionally designed outdoor simulations provide the backdrop for learning, discussion and personal reflection. The retreat is held at Cedarkirk in Lithia, FL.
The ELITE program strives to:
- Help students understand the basic values of leadership
- Teach leadership skills and how to apply them in personal and organizational settings
- Connect new students with leadership mentors on campus
- Stimulate interest in the campus community and encourage active participation
- Broaden the base of student leadership on campus
For more information on UT leadership programs and opportunities, please contact Julie LeBlanc at (813) 258-7368 or email@example.com