ELITE Leadership Program
Educating Leaders in Today's Environment (ELITE)
With more than 180 clubs and organizations at The University of Tampa, campus leadership opportunities are abundant. Committed to the skills and values of successful leadership, the University invites all interested first-year and transfer students to apply for an exciting leadership program: ELITE (Educating Leaders In Today’s Environment). This program serves as an entry point to leadership programs at UT. Applications for Spring ELITE are due Oct.15, and letters of acceptance are mailed Nov. 1.
The ELITE program is a two-day overnight, off-campus retreat, scheduled at the conclusion of orientation for the Spring 2015 semester. Activities begin on the evening of Jan. 17, 2015, and conclude on Monday, Jan. 19, 2015.
The ELITE program strives to:
- Encourage awareness and self-definition.
- Help students understand the basic values of leadership.
- Teach leadership skills and how to apply them in personal and organizational settings.
- Connect new students with leadership mentors on campus.
- Stimulate interest in the campus community and encourage active participation.
- Broaden the base of student leadership on campus.
- Examine leadership on a global level.
Our traditional retreat focuses on introducing students to the Social Change Model of Leadership Development. Participants are introduced to the seven values of the model through highly interactive group activities, discussion, and personal reflection. The retreat is held at the DaySpring Conference Center in Ellenton, FL.Apply for ELITE 2015
For more information on UT leadership programs and opportunities, please contact Shannon Calega at (813) 257-3139 or firstname.lastname@example.org