The FURC 2016 Program is now available. Abstracts are available here.
The Florida Undergraduate Research Conference (FURC) is one of the nation's largest multi-disciplinary research conferences. It is an annual event open to all undergraduate researchers in the state of Florida to present their research in a poster forum. Every year the conference will be hosted at a different university in the state on the last weekend in February. In addition to research presentations, there are also exhibitors from graduate programs and other opportunities targeted for students involved in undergraduate research. Programs from past events can be seen here: FURC2011, FURC 2012, FURC 2013, FURC 2014 and FURC 2015.
The 2017 FURC was held in Boca Raton at the campus of Florida Atlantic University, Feb. 24-25, 2017.
Save the Date! The 2018 FURC will be hosted by Eastern Florida State College in Melbourne on Feb. 23–24, 2018.
For more information or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abstract and Registration Deadlines
- Abstracts accepted from Oct. 1, 2015, through Jan. 15, 2016
- Acceptance letters will be sent on a rolling basis
- Registration for students and faculty ($45) runs Nov. 2, 2015, through Jan. 22, 2016
- Late registration for students and faculty ($65) runs Jan. 23, 2016, through Feb. 1, 2016
Downtown Tampa Hotels
Please ask for The University of Tampa FURC rate when booking:
Additional information on local hotels can be found here. Please note that these hotels may not have FURC rates but do offer discounts for The University of Tampa.
Guidelines for your abstract submission and registration
Abstract deadline: Feb. 23 at 11:59 p.m. EST
Guidelines: Your abstract should describe the central research question and the purpose of the research, provide a brief discussion of the methodology, and state the conclusions and significance.
- Include plain text only (no images, graphics or special characters).
- Note: The title and author(s) of your abstract will appear EXACTLY as they are entered in the abstract submission form. Ensure correct punctuation and spelling before submitting.
Abstract submission is closed.
Registration is now closed.
*For group registration, please contact Jeffrey Skowronek.
Follow these instructions when creating your poster.
- Poster presentations are paper displays that must be printed in advance. There will not be room for models/devices/computers or other visual aids.
- Printed posters should measure 36 inches tall by 48 inches wide.
- Each presenter will be provided foam board, an easel and binder clips to aid the mounting of the printed poster.
- Presenters must stand by their posters during their assigned session to answer questions. Unattended posters will be removed.
- The abstract title must be readable from 3 feet away.
- FURC reserves the right to cancel a presenter’s poster session.
Recruiter Information and Registration
Meet the most talented grad-school bound students from across FL
The FURC planning committee and the FURC State Board are excited to invite you to participate in the 2016 graduate admissions/recruiters fair as a part of the 2016 FURC. Choosing to participate will provide you access to hundreds of Florida's best and brightest students. These are students who have a keen interest in pursuing graduate school after completing their undergraduate programs.
Over the last five years, the FURC has become a showcase for the impressive and innovative research being done by undergraduate students from around the state. At the most recent conference, over 500 people were in attendance at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach, including students, faculty, and staff from the major state institutions as well as primarily undergraduate institutions throughout Florida.
Recruiters will be located throughout the main corridors of Plant Hall, near the poster presentation area, putting them in the center of FURC 2016 activity. The registration fee includes credentials to attend the opening reception, lunch on Saturday, table (2 chairs), tech support, parking, and access to the best and brightest undergraduate researchers in the State of Florida.
Registration is now closed. Please consider joining FURC 2018 at Eastern Florida State College in Melbourne on Feb. 23–24, 2018.
Schedule for the FURC Feb. 26-27
Friday, Feb. 26
6 – 8:30 p.m. Registration and Reception, Vaughn Center, 9th Floor
7:30 p.m. Keynote presentation: Daniel Huber
Saturday, Feb. 27
7:30 – 8:30 a.m. Registration and Breakfast, Plant Hall Lobby
8:30 – 9:30 a.m. Poster Session 1, Fletcher Lounge and the Grand Salon, Plant Hall
9:45 – 10:30 a.m. Workshop Session 1
10:45 –11:45 a.m. Poster Session 2, Fletcher Lounge and the Grand Salon, Plant Hall
11:45 a.m. – 1 p.m. Lunch and Graduate Recruiter Fair, Plant Hall
1 – 2 p.m. Poster Session 3, Fletcher Lounge and the Grand Salon, Plant Hall
2:15 – 3 p.m. Workshop Session 2
3:15 – 4:15 p.m. Poster Session 4, Fletcher Lounge and the Grand Salon, Plant Hall
ALL DAY Recruiter Fair