Full-time undergraduate and international students:
Full-time undergraduate and all international students pay a mandatory student health fee each semester. This provides for full use of the Dickey Health and Wellness Center, which includes health, counseling and wellness services.
Service provided off-campus at a preferred provider is covered under the following conditions:
- First $2,500 in claims: Insurance pays covered benefits at 80 percent and student pays 20 percent
- After $2,500 in claims have been paid: student pays $2,500 deductible
- After $2,500 deductible is met: Insurance pays covered benefits at 100 percent
- Diagnostics (Xrays, Labs, etc…) ARE subject to the above out-of-pocket costs.
- ER expenses: $100 copay and subject to the above out-of-pocket costs
It is not advised to drop any existing private insurance policy you have in addition to the school insurance policy. The student policy can be used in conjunction with other insurance policies to provide better coverage with less out of pocket costs based on policy guidelines.
Full-time graduate students:
Full-time graduate students have the option of voluntarily purchasing a health insurance policy through United HealthCare Student Resources. This policy may be used at the Dickey Health and Wellness Center for covered benefits. To learn more or to purchase this policy, students should call United HealthCare Student Resources Customer Service at (888) 224-4846.
Accessing Your Student Insurance Info:
You can access the following information online or on the smart phone app:
- Display and print your ID card
- Find a network provider
- Find the closest network pharmacy
- Check on your claims
- Review policy coverage
Steps to using online resources:
- Go to www.uhcsr.com
- Register a user name and password using your Spartans.ut.edu email address
- Follow links and search options to access the information you need
For more information or any questions pertaining to the student health insurance policy or coverage details, please call United HealthCare Student Resources Customer Service at (888) 224-4846 or email email@example.com.