Health Sciences and Human Performance
The Department of Health Sciences and Human Performance (HSHP) offers a unique learning environment. The engaged faculty, stimulating coursework and hands-on learning
opportunities enable students to be highly competitive whether they
choose to enter the job market or pursue a graduate degree.
The department offers four degrees in the following areas of study.
Students will connect theory with application in global settings through:
Examples of the educational opportunities offered by our majors and program concentrations include:
- Creating and implementing personal fitness plans for athletes, faculty members, and students
- Creating and participating in health promotion campaigns
- Providing rehabilitation in an athletic training room
- Teaching in a public school district
- Interning with public and private corporate and health organizations
- Working for professional or national events
- Participating in public health research grants/project