The University of Tampa Office of Career Services offers a variety of recruitment and candidate outreach services through our Employer Relations Team and campus/community partnerships. As the main channel for connecting students and alumni with full time and part time employment, internships and professional development opportunities, Career Services invites employers and friends of the University to consider the below tools and services we provide to help you establish an on-campus presence and hire a Spartan.
Post a Full or Part Time Job
In 2015–2016, UT students and alumni completed...
In Fall 2018, over 9,300 new jobs and internships were approved for posting and more than 4,000 student applications for jobs and internships were submitted on Handshake, Career Services’ online job posting and recruiting system. Registering on Handshake is an employer’s first step in establishing a recruiting relationship and building awareness across the UT campus community about employer brand and opportunities.
Post Job to Handshake
Note: Positions from child care, nannies, temporary jobs or any type of position for an individual or in-home service may not be posted on Handshake. These positions may be posted on the online version of the student newspaper, The Minaret.
Establish an Internship Program
An internship is the perfect opportunity for...
Conduct On-Campus Interviews
On-campus interviews are one of the most effective...
On-campus interviews are one of the most effective ways to engage and hire motivated UT Spartans for full time or internship positions. It is a great way to build stronger brand awareness on campus while saving resources and time by interviewing more students at once in our seven-room Riverside Center facility. The Employer Relations team encourages and assists employers with creating and managing on-campus interviews in the fall (end of September through November) and spring (February through April). Interviews are held between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and made easy through Handshake.
- Reviewing your scheduling options (Open, Pre-Select or Room Only)
- Requesting an interview schedule in Handshake
- Changing or cancelling schedules
Career Fairs and Recruitment Events
The Career Services team hosts and facilitates...
The Career Services team hosts and facilitates a number of fairs and events throughout the year to enable employer recruitment efforts on campus. Since all events are open to UT students and alumni, participation is key to increasing on-campus brand awareness and meeting qualified candidates in person. In fact, employers who engage in fairs and recruitment events have the MOST success in hiring our students as they provide access to job seekers.
- We host the following fairs each semester: Part Time Job Fair, Internship Fair and Full Time Professional Job Fair. These fairs occur during the first six weeks of the fall and spring semesters and are attended by over 300 job seekers (including alumni).
- Career Services also partners with the Beta Alpha Psi student organization for accounting and finance students each fall semester to host the Meet the Firms event in September. Employers seeking candidates with proficiency in these fields of study to fill internship, part-time and full-time opportunities are highly encouraged to attend this event.
- UT also hosts the Colleges of Central Florida Career Consortium (CCFCC) Career Expo every spring semester in mid-February for employers who recruit at multiple schools in the central Florida region. This event also serves as the UT spring Full Time Professional Job Fair and provides employers five times the reach across more than 10 member institutions of private colleges.
» See Career Services Events for a listing of career fairs, fees and to how register.
Host an Information Session
Information sessions allow employers...
Information sessions allow employers a fantastic opportunity to promote their organization through a meet-and-greet/social event or an information-sharing forum. For the latter option, interested candidates expect employers to provide them a general company/organization overview as well as information on opportunities, culture, the work environment, benefits, the interview process and career paths. These information-sharing sessions may be scheduled at any point during the campus recruiting season or in conjunction with an on-campus interview schedule, are hosted by Career Services from 4-6 p.m. on Monday-Thursday and usually last an hour including time for questions.
Employers also have the option of hosting a meet-and-greet social for interested candidates. In addition to information-sharing, employers also have the option to provide refreshments and/or hors d'oeuvres for students. While optional, employers are also encouraged to consider door prizes, give-aways and other ways to differentiate themselves from established competitors and to garner student interest. Employers meeting the below criteria are most successful with information sessions at UT:
- Employers with a highly diverse talent profile across multiple fields and levels of study
- Employers looking to place talent in multiple locations across the nation (UT students come from all 50 states and over 140 countries)
- Employers who plan to leverage their UT alumni community in on-campus engagement
- Employers who have the resources to connect and engage with multiple student organizations to amplify company brand recognition and key messaging
Get started by scheduling an information session through Handshake.
Catering should be coordinated through Catering at The University of Tampa. Please visit https://ut.catertrax.com/ to view menu options and pricing or call (813) 257-3121 for assistance.
Need more help? Contact our Employer Relations Team at (813) 253-6236 or email email@example.com.