Dec. 6, 2016
The Dean of Students, Department of Campus Safety and the Tampa Police Department wish to advise that:
On Saturday, Dec. 3 at approximately 2 a.m., a woman was kidnapped and robbed in the parking lot of the Green Lemon, in the South Howard Ave. (SoHo) entertainment district. Tampa Police are still looking for the suspect. If you have any information on the suspect in this picture call the Tampa Police Department at (813) 231-6130.
To increase your personal safety:
- Travel in large groups (five or more people), if possible.
- Be vigilant and aware of your surroundings, on and off campus.
- Take measures to protect your personnel safety, say "No" or demand that someone leave you alone.
- Use building and vehicle alarms or other deterrents when available.
- Keep your vehicle locked at all times.
- When driving, on or off campus, always lock your car doors. Do not stop or get out of your car for strangers. Make sure your car windows are rolled up. Do not leave your car running unattended.
Please report any information about this or any other incident, safety issue or crime to:
Department of Campus Safety
820 W. North A Street
From on campus: extension 7777
From off-campus or a cell phone: (813) 257-7777
You may also submit information electronically at: email@example.com, SilentWitness@ut.edu or www.ut.edu/SilentWitness.
Campus Safety alerts will be posted to this section of the University's website. The alerts will provide updates as necessary by the University's Emergency Operations Team and department of Campus Safety to inform the community of safety concerns and, if necessary, closures, evacuations, rescheduling and other security matters.