The Commuter Lounge, located on the second floor of the Vaughn Center, is home to commuter students across campus. This lounge consists of a variety of services to make the life of commuter students easier when attending events and classes on campus.
- Lounge furniture to relax in between classes
- Study stations to plug in computers for study sessions
- Meeting tables for class projects
- Two refrigerators to store lunch or dinner options from home
- A microwave and sink for meal preparation
- Commuter lockers to store books or work-out clothes between classes
Commuter lockers can be reserved for $10 an academic year through the Office of Student Leadership and Engagement. Lockers become available every semester on the first day of classes.
The formation of the Spartan Commuter Organization (SCO) is underway; look for more information to come. This organization will serve as the student organization solely responsible for commuter student programming and representing the needs and voices of the commuter population at The University for Tampa. In collaboration with the Office of Student Leadership and Engagement, the SCO will provide a comfortable space for commuter students to meet, study and host programming. For more information about the Spartan Commuter Organization, please contact the Office of Student Leadership and Engagement at (813) 253-3233.