Meet Alexandra Yanovski-Bowers
Director, Academic Advising
Phone: (813) 257-3937
Address: 401 W. Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33606
2006 Rutgers University, B.A.
2008 Florida State University, M.S.
2009 The New School, TESL Teaching Certification
2019 Temple University, Ph.D.
First-Year Experience Seminar
Peer Mentor Development
Kids in Crisis: When Schools Fail
Educational Statistics - SPSS
Introduction to Career Development
ESL – Academic Bridge for International Students
Yanovski-Bowers specializes in the area of first-year and transfer student persistence and academic success, with specific focus on retention and big data analysis. She is a national expert on developing interventions for students at risk of dropping out and serves as a consultant for several nonprofit organizations.
Yanovski-Bowers has been involved in the area of first-year student retention and academic advising for more than 15 years. She has presented at several regional and national conferences on topics including the following:
- Exploration of factors affecting transfer student retention at an urban university
- Using configural frequency analysis to review main effects and interactions among variables that predict attrition
- Lessons Learned from the Last 10 Years of Risk Modeling
- Focus on Retention and Graduation: Altering the Culture of Academic Advising Through Centralized Data-Driven Intervention Programs and Policy Changes
- Centralized Data-Driven Intervention Programs
Yanovski-Bowers was born in Berdichev, Ukraine, and is fluent in Russian, Ukrainian and English.