Meet Alyssia Miller
Professor of Instruction I, Spanish
Phone: (813) 257-3697
Address: 401 W. Kennedy Blvd. Tampa, FL 33606
2013 Pennsylvania State University, B.A.
2015 The University of Alabama, M.A.
2018 The University of Alabama, Ph.D.
View CV (PDF)
Introductory Spanish 1
Introductory Spanish 2
Spanish Intensive Review
Intermediate Spanish 1
Intermediate Spanish 2
Cultural Literacy – Honors
Nicaragua Clinical Experience – Honors
Peru Clinical Experience – Honors
Alyssia Miller specializes in second language acquisition, Spanish and pedagogy. Her other academic interests include medical Spanish and study abroad.
Miller's research focuses on the use of goals and goal setting to foster linguistic and intercultural competence development in learners of a second language. She has also examined social media and languages for specific purpose and their role in second language acquisition.
- Three Minute Thesis Finalist, The University of Alabama, November 2017
- Reza Ordoubadian Award, Best Student Paper, Southeastern Conference on Linguistics, April 2017
- Phi Kappa Phi Love of Learning Award, June 2016
- Showcase for Exemplary Website, The University of Alabama, June 2016
- Outstanding Graduate Student at The University of Alabama, April 2016
- Phi Kappa Phi Honors Society, January 2016
- American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese Conference Attendee Travel Stipend, Miami, FL, July 2016
- First Time Presenter Award, Alabama World Languages Association, Troy, AL, January 2016
- Spanish Service Award, The University of Alabama, December 2015