Browser warning

The University of Tampa administers various types of veterans education benefits to veterans and their dependents pursuing degree programs at UT. We are proud to have been selected as a top school in the 2015 MAE Guide to Colleges & Universities research study.

Please click on the links below for information on commonly asked questions and locations for assistance.

Which benefit program are you eligible for?

Important information for enrolled students:

Student Responsibility

Be sure to keep track of your remaining benefits to gain the maximum benefit from your GI Bill. For each term that is certified to the VA, you will be mailed an updated COE that shows how much time you have remaining once the term you are in has ended. If you are not receiving these letters, please contact the VA and update your address. The School Certifying Official does not have access to this information, so it is up to you to keep track of your remaining benefit time.

If your benefits exhaust during enrollment
  • For veterans using CH 33 benefits, if your GI Bill exhausts during a term, the VA will pay the full tuition and fees for the term you are currently attending. 
  • For dependents using CH 33 benefits, if your GI Bill exhausts during a term, the VA will ONLY pay for tuition and fees up to the end date of your benefits. It will be the responsibility of the student to cover the remaining tuition and fees expenses for that term. 

For more information, please visit For questions concerning specific claims related to education benefits only, please call the Education Call Center at (888) 442-4551.

Additional Resources for Veterans, Active Duty Military, and Dependents

Not all chapters of the GI Bill will fully fund the cost of attending The University of Tampa. However, there are many types of scholarships available that can help with the cost of attending college.These forms of funding can be used in conjunction with any form of the GI Bill, and will make it easier to pursue a degree. Check out Military One Source to see if there are any scholarships that pertain to you:

Military One Source

  • Under the “Military Life Topics” tab, click on “K-12 and College Education.”
  • On this page, under “Paying for Your Education” there will be several links to various websites, which offer scholarships to help with the cost of attending college.

Contact Information

Registrar’s Office
Plant Hall, Room 90
Susanna Jones, Records and Veterans Benefits Specialist
Phone: (813) 257-3640
Fax: (813) 258-7238

Bursar’s Office
Plant Hall, Room 428
Phone: (813) 253-6202
Fax: (813) 258-7227