Our 254,000 square-foot Vaughn Center is the perfect place to host an organization's or department's meeting or special event. With four unique meeting spaces, the Allen N. Reeves Theater, a multi-purpose game room, and the larger lobby and courtyard areas, the staff at the Vaughn Center can help you plan the perfect event.
Hosting Meetings and Events
In order to reserve space in the Vaughn Center, you must be affiliated with a registered student organization, campus office or department. Off-campus businesses, organizations or vendors cannot reserve space in the Vaughn Center without being sponsored by a registered student organization or department.
Available spaces that can be reserved for meetings or events include:
- Vaughn Center lobby or courtyard
- Meeting rooms
- Vaughn Center 212 – Seats 12-15 people and includes a white board
- Vaughn Center 217 – Seats eight people
- Vaughn Center 219 – Seats 20-25 people and includes media services set up with laptop hookup and screens
- Vaughn Center 221 – Seats eight-10 people and includes a white board
- Allen N. Reeves Theater
- Spartan Club Game Room (second floor, for special events)
- Tables – There are eight available 6-foot tables for marketing student organizations in the lobby.
Please note the Commuter Lounge cannot be reserved for events.
Additionally, please note there are special rules and regulations for utilizing the ninth floor conference areas.
- Departments/Offices: to reserve the ninth floor contact the facilities events coordinator, email@example.com.
- Student Organizations: please submit the ninth floor request form on Engage.
If you have additional questions, please contact the Office of Student Leadership and Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Services Information
Once you have confirmed your reservation for a space in the Vaughn Center, we encourage you to contact our campus partners regarding additional services you might need.
- Media Services
- If Media Services is needed for your event or meeting (this includes projector, screen, PA system, microphone, etc.) please complete a Media Services Event Support Services Request form.
- If a special set up is needed for your event or meeting (this includes additional tables, chairs, trash cans, power boxes, etc.) please send your information, including a layout diagram, to email@example.com or use the online form.
- Dining Services
- Please note that, per our policy, you must use The University of Tampa catering services, Sodexo, for any events held on campus. Dining services information, including the catering menu, can be found by visiting dining.ut.edu or Vaughn Center room 229.
- If you would like to provide food through another vendor, you must visit the catering office in Vaughn Center room 223 to pick up the food waiver and release forms. A liability form from the vendor is also needed. All three forms must be submitted together to the catering office at least 10 business days in advance.
Throughout the day, student organizations are encouraged to market upcoming events and share information about their individual organizations by reserving a table in the Vaughn Center lobby. Each student organization is allowed to reserve one table per day.
Please note tabling can only occur Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. The lobby and courtyard host special events in the evening hours.
Stop by OSLE and meet with the student coordinator of event services for help planning your event, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.