UT administration is taking the following steps in our efforts to ensure a safe and successful semester.
- COVID-19 testing remains available both on and off campus. UT students can call the Dickey Health and Wellness Center at (813) 253-6250.
- If you are sick, stay home and consult with a medical provider. If you test positive for COVID-19 at the Dickey Health and Wellness Center, the Health Center will provide you with resources and can notify professors about absences. If you test positive at an off-campus medical facility or with an at-home COVID-19 test, you will be responsible for communicating with your professors about your absence as noted in the class attendance policies. If you get tested off-campus the Dickey Health and Wellness Center will not provide a professor notification. Residential students who test positive independently of UT must inform Residence Life themselves.
- If you are not vaccinated, you are encouraged to get vaccinated. Vaccines are readily available at no cost. To find a COVID-19 vaccine near you click on this link, vaccines.gov, or call (800) 232-0233.
- Faculty and staff who test positive for COVID-19 should self-report to Associate Director for Human Resources Leander Hamilton.
- Faculty and staff who test positive will be expected to stay home for at least five days and isolate from others.
- Faculty and staff who have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 are not required to quarantine regardless of vaccination status if they do not have symptoms.
- Continue to follow healthy habits, including best practices like frequent hand washing.
For up-to-date COVID-19 information, visit the CDC COVID-19 website.