The University of Tampa is proud to offer qualified domestic and international transfer students from regionally accredited universities the UT Transfer Admission Guarantee Program (UTAG). UT is considered one of the top 50 universities in the United States for the past two years by Phi Theta Kappa. The UTAG program is designed to ease transferability and admission to UT for qualified transfer students. This includes transfer students from community colleges as well as four-year programs worldwide. Students admitted through the UTAG program are eligible for a $1,000 annual scholarship.
To be eligible for the UTAG program students need to meet the following criteria:
- Complete the form below to be placed in the UT Transfer Admission Guarantee Program
- Apply to UT or use the Common Application or Coalition Application. (UT application fee waived for students who complete the form noted above prior to applying.)
- Complete 17 college credit hours at the time of application.
- Apply with a minimum college GPA of 2.5* (on the 4.0 scale).
- Apply with no judicial or disciplinary sanctions at their current university, nor previous criminal convictions.
- International students must meet the English proficiency criteria noted on UT’s website.
Students who do not meet the above criteria will be given a holistic review and an expedited decision by the admissions committee. Questions about the program can be answered at firstname.lastname@example.org or (813) 253-6211.
*GPA is based upon The University of Tampa’s calculations of GPA, which does not include credit or calculation of developmental (less than 100-level) courses. Grade forgiveness is not granted unless transcript is from a Florida College System university or community college. The UTAG program is subject to space availability, as well as exceptions made by the admissions committee.