Coaching for Student Success
Coaching for Student Success (CSS) is a program sponsored by the Academic Center for Excellence (ACE) at the University of Tampa. The program matches undergraduate students with a trained academic coach who will meet with the student weekly and assist them in their quest to be successful students.
Coaching focuses on study skill development, time management, goal setting, motivation, test taking strategies, resource connection and campus engagement. The role of the coach is to guide the student in the discovery process and help the student reach his or her full potential.
WHY HAVE A COACH?
- Understand transitional difficulties
- Help improve GPA
- Discover personal learning style
- Organization or time management tips
- Strategies to beat procrastination
- Study strategies for tests or assignments
- Assistance in problem-solving skills
- Provide assurance student is capable of learning and achieving academic goals
- Personal responsibility and accountability
- Goal setting and tracking accomplishments
- Fulfill academic and personal potential at UT
If you or someone you know is interested in having a coach or learning more about the program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.