The StrengthsFinder© Assessment was rolled out to incoming freshmen and selected student leader groups in Fall 2012 with a completion rate of more than 1,300 students. In Fall 2013, the assessment was again rolled out to incoming freshmen and selected student leader groups, as well as the transfer students who were enrolled in GTW 103. In Fall 2014, the assessment was again completed by incoming freshmen, who also participated in workshops during orientation and during GTW 101 and GTW 102. More than 5,000 students, faculty and staff at UT completed the Strengths assessment in the first three years. Currently the assessment is offered to all incoming students in the Success Scholars Program and to various targeted groups at the request of faculty and staff who believe that Strengths is a valuable tool for their students. This assessment helps students identify their top 5 natural talents, which can then be utilized to provide guidance and support.
By strategically working with campus stakeholders to more fully integrate StrengthsQuest into The University of Tampa’s culture, Student Transition and Persistence hopes developing a “Strengths Culture” on campus will:
- Increase students self-awareness, confidence, and psychological well-being;
- Provide students with a common language and experience that will help normalize help-seeking behaviors;
- Help students engage in meaningful relationships with diverse others on campus including their peers, staff and faculty;
- Provide students with the experiential opportunities necessary to help them turn their talents into strengths so they can be leveraged for academic, career and personal success;
- Encourage students to apply this knowledge to help them successfully navigate their academic pursuits – including choosing a major, selecting classes, working productively in teams, using the most effective study techniques, etc.;
- Ultimately lead students to have increased academic success, campus engagement and a greater chance of persistence and graduation.
All UT Students
- The University of Tampa is happy to offer a code to any current UT student who is interested in completing the assessment and engaging in a Strengths coaching session by contacting email@example.com. Please be sure to include your full name and UT ID number, and indicate that you are requesting access to the Strengths assessment.
In an effort to fully saturate The University of Tampa with Strengths Initiative, Student Transition and Persistence is happy to provide a code and various training to all faculty and staff members on campus. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Anyone can complete the Strengthsfinder assessment by visiting the StrengthsQuest website and purchasing a code for $20.