2019 Winter Intersession
Monday, Jan. 7 – Friday, Jan. 18
With the goal of helping students accelerate to degree completion, UT's Winter Intersession offers many high demand and progression courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
New students are not admitted in Winter Intersession.
Key Dates to Know
- Monday, Oct. 15, 2018: schedule goes live on SpartanWeb
- Thursday, Nov. 1, 2018: registration opens
- Monday, Dec. 3, 2018: last day to notify Residence Life if planning to stay in residence hall
- Monday, Jan. 7, 2019: first day of term, classes start
- Tuesday, Jan. 8: last day to add class, last day to drop with 100 percent tuition refund, last day to pay
- Wednesday, Jan. 9: students dropped from schedule if not paid
- Thursday, Jan. 10: last day to add-back if dropped for nonpayment
- Monday, Jan. 14: last day to withdraw from class with "W"
- Friday, Jan. 18: last day of term
You do not have to get your advisor to clear you for Winter Intersession courses; however, it is suggested students consult with their advisor before registering in a course to ensure it fits in their program of study. Students should note that Winter Intersession courses are billed at the current per credit hour tuition rate. Contact your financial aid counselor as soon as possible if you plan to use financial aid.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When a desired course is full...
Students are encouraged to go on the waitlist in those instances when a desired course is full. Waitlists are monitored regularly, and students who meet all course requirements are automatically registered in the course if a seat opens up. The student on the waitlist with the highest number of completed credit hours will be the first to receive the next available seat. Waitlists in the Winter Intersession remain active until the first day of term. If no seats open up, students on the waitlist are notified when the list closed.
Tuition, fees and financial aid...
Tuition is billed by the credit hour at the currently in effect semester rate. View current rates. No student service fee is charged for the Winter Intersession.
Financial aid may be available. Students who wish to apply and qualify for Winter Intersession financial aid should talk with a financial aid counselor as early as possible. Contact the Financial Aid Office at (813) 253-6219 or email@example.com to explore your options.
On campus housing
Notify Residence Life if you will be occupying your room...
If you are already living in campus housing, you may occupy your room during the Winter Intersession for a small additional fee. Students who wish to live in their residence hall room during the intersession must notify Residence Life by the first of December to make arrangements.
For more information about on-campus or off-campus housing contact the Office of Residence Life.