The University of Tampa offers an array of activities and events throughout the academic year that are geared toward enhancing the physical and mental wellness of students.
Special Yearly Events
- Problem Gambling Awareness Week
- National Depression Day with free mental health screenings for students
- Physical Fitness Week, which includes free wellness assessments to students, courtesy of the Department of Campus Recreation
- National Alcohol Screening Day
- Annual PirateFest Safety Fair before Gasparilla
- Melanoma Monday with screenings for sun damage and questionable moles
- Great American Smokeout
- Energii Wellness Symposium
- Interfaith Awareness Week
- Interfaith Pledge for Peace
- Student-led wellness initiatives
- Smoking cessation classes
- Al-Anon meetings
- AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) meetings
- Alcohol and other drug assessments
- Nutritional consultations
- Sunday interfaith dialogues
- Weekly interfaith lunch hour
The UT Wellness Committee was established in order to fully address issues of wellness in the University community and supplement the University’s educational goals. The committee, which consists of both staff and students, is charged with providing a forum for wellness initiatives and increasing healthy behaviors in the UT community.
The committee seeks to conduct regular assessments of student health and use these assessments to address various campus wellness issues.