Our 254,000 square-foot Vaughn Center is the perfect place to host an organization's or department's meeting or special event. With four unique meeting spaces, the Allen N. Reeves Theater, a multi-purpose game room, and the larger lobby and courtyard areas, the staff at the Vaughn Center can help you plan the perfect event.
Hosting Meetings and Events
In order to reserve space in the Vaughn Center, you must be affiliated with a registered student organization, campus office or department. Off-campus businesses, organizations or vendors cannot reserve space in the Vaughn Center without being sponsored by a registered student organization or department.
All requests must be submitted at least five business days in advance through the online reservation system via SpartanWeb. Please see attached room reservations tip sheet for additional information regarding using the online reservation system.
Available spaces that can be reserved for meetings or events include:
- Vaughn Center lobby or courtyard
- Meeting rooms
- Vaughn Center 212—Seats 12-15 people and includes a white board
- Vaughn Center 217—Seats 8-10 people and includes a white board
- Vaughn Center 219—Seats 20-25 people and includes media services set up with laptop hookup and screens
- Vaughn Center 221—Seats 8-10 people and includes a white board
- Allen N. Reeves Theater
- Spartan Club Game Room (for special events)
- Tables – There are eight available 6-foot tables for marketing student organizations.
Please note the Commuter Lounge cannot be reserved for events.
Additionally, please note there are special rules and regulations for utilizing the ninth floor conference areas.
- Departments/Offices: to reserve the ninth floor please submit your request through the online reservation system, or contact Sandi Fernandez, the facilities events coordinator, at email@example.com.
- Student Organizations: please complete the ninth floor request form and submit it to the Office of Student Leadership and Engagement.
Having trouble? Read through our Frequently Asked Questions page for help. If you have additional questions, please stop in and see the Student Coordinators of Event Services for help or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Services Information
Once you have confirmed your reservation for a space in the Vaughn Center, we encourage you to contact our campus partners regarding additional services you might need.
- Media Services
- If Media Services is needed for your event or meeting (this includes projector, screen, PA system, microphone, etc.) please complete a Media Services Event Support Services Request form.
- If a special set up is needed for your event or meeting (this includes additional tables, chairs, trash cans, power boxes, etc.) please send your information, including a layout diagram, to Sandi Fernandez, the facilities events coordinator, at email@example.com.
- Dining Services
- Please note that, per our policy, you must use The University of Tampa catering office, Sodexo, for any events held in the Vaughn Center. The Sodexo Dining Services information, including a catering menu, can be found by visiting dining.ut.edu or Vaughn Center room 229.
- If you would like to provide food through another vendor, you must first complete a Food Waiver Form and submit to the Sodexo office at least 10 business days in advance.
Throughout the day, student organizations are encouraged to market upcoming events and share information about their individual organizations by reserving a table in the Vaughn Center lobby. Each student organization is allowed to reserve one table per day, and reservations for tabling are done through the same online reservation system utilized for all other room reservations.
Please note tabling can only occur between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. The lobby and courtyard host special events in the evening hours.
Student Organization Consulting
Need help planning an event on campus for your student organization? Struggling with the online reservation system? We are here to help.
Please visit the Student Coordinators of Event Services in the Office of Student Leadership and Engagement for one-on-one help regarding planning an event on campus, from reservations, facilities and dining to marketing, vendors and other questions you might have.
Additionally, it might be helpful to read the Student Organization Handbook for additional information or visit the Student Organizations to find out more information about the student organization registration process, program planning and on-going trainings you can attend. A link to the handbook will be available soon.