The Spartan Commuter Organization serves as the student organization solely responsible for commuter student programming and representing the needs and voices of the commuter student population at The University of Tampa. In collaboration with the Vaughn Center and Student Government, the SCO provides a comfortable space for commuter students to meet, study and host programming within the student center.
The Commuter Lounge, located on the second floor of the Vaughn Center, is home to the Spartan Commuter Organization and commuter students across campus. This lounge consists of a variety of services to make the life of commuter students easier when attending events and classes on campus.
- Lounge furniture to relax in between classes
- Study stations to plug in computers for study sessions
- Meeting tables for class projects
- Two refrigerators to store lunch or dinner options from home
- A microwave and sink for meal preparation
- Vending machines
- Commuter lockers to store books or work-out clothes between classes
Commuter lockers can be reserved for $5 a semester through the Office of Student Leadership and Engagement. Lockers become available every semester on the first day of classes.
For more information about the Spartan Commuter Organization, please visit the Student Government Office.