To advance the best practices of college teaching by collaborating with faculty members to cultivate an institutional culture in which teaching is highly valued and which inspires students. The Teaching Guild is open for participation to all faculty members in all colleges, term and full time, tenure and non-tenured. We value faculty input and can continually learn from each other.
- To foster positive attitudes that value teaching and learning excellence through online and face-to-face teaching
- To improve teaching and programs through collaboration, professional revitalization and scholarship
- To support faculty in their efforts to explore ideas, initiate projects, integrate instructional technology and invigorate learning for faculty and students
- To provide opportunities for faculty to enhance student learning in and out of the classroom
- To encourage and support faculty involvement in research, the scholarship of teaching and learning, and to bring research about teaching to the attention of the campus community
- To advocate for and reward teaching excellence throughout the University
- To provide a platform for sharing information on teaching excellence (Please send your documents, videos and online sources to the chair for posting.)
Interested in being part of the Teaching Guild? Please contact MMartinasek@ut.edu.