Annual UT scholarships up to $14,000 over four years ($3,500 per year)
- New entering student (fall term entry only)
- Experience in high school or community theatre productions
- Demonstrated ability in stage movement/acting/singing
- Completed admissions application and acceptance for full-time study
- Major in Musical Theatre or Theatre
- Unweighted high school GPA of 3.0
- Maintain a GPA of 2.8 or above
- Audition dates: Oct. 4, Nov. 8, and Dec. 6, 2015; Feb. 14, March 20, and April 10, 2016
- Auditions by appointment at a scheduled Open House only or send DVD with application and resume.
- Musical theatre audition procedure: Two contrasting musical theatre selections, one or two short monologues and a description of your dance or movement background. Pianist provided. CD player provided if recorded arrangement is preferred.
- Theatre audition procedure: One contemporary comedic monologue, one contemporary dramatic monologue and one classical monologue.
Deadline for scholarship consideration:
Feb. 15, 2015For more information, contact:Michael Staczar
, Chair/Associate Professor of Speech, Theatre and Dance
The University of Tampa
401 W. Kennedy Blvd
Tampa, FL 33606-1490
Also see Department of Music