Attending a College Fair
Before the College Fair
Your admissions counselor will register you for the college fairs in your area and send you any information regarding time, location and parking. A few days before a fair, your admissions counselor will contact you to make sure you have received all materials and answer any last minute questions. You will also receive a box of materials that will include:
- Table banner
- Inquiry cards
- UT pens
- Promotional materials
- FedEx airbill
- A copy of the fair invitation with directions, time and contact information
- Counselor’s business card with cell phone number in case you have any questions
What to Expect When You Arrive at the College Fair
Please plan on arriving at least 30 minutes before the start of the program. This will give you ample time to park, register, find The University of Tampa table and set up your display.
If you received a large amount of promotional materials, you may consider using a suitcase with wheels to transport the materials (you will find most admissions counselors use them as well).
As a direct result of supporters like you, UT has experienced an unparalleled interest from prospective students. For that reason, you may be in for a busy night. If it is not busy, please do not be discouraged. Just your presence is important. We sincerely appreciate your time and effort!
After the Program
Please return the inquiry cards and table banner as quickly as you can (within a week, if possible), and indicate any follow-up we need to do on our part on the back of the forms; i.e. specific requests from students, questions you were unable to answer, etc. Whenever you return the materials, please contact FedEx at 1-800-GO-FEDEX or www.fedex.com so they can pick up the remaining promotional pieces. The code needed on the airbill will be included with your package. This ensures that you will not be charged.
- NACAC guidelines require that admission representatives do not stand in front of the table. Please remain standing behind the table during the program.
- Some fairs are extremely busy and some are not as busy; please stay until the end of the program.
- Be honest when answering questions. If you do not know the answer to a question, please hand the student the admissions counselor’s card and have them contact our office.
- Please do not speak negatively about another institution.
- Professional appearance or UT gear is usual dress code for fairs.
- Remember to smile and welcome all students who visit the table.