Each resident assistant (RA) is a graduate or undergraduate student who assists students living in a residence hall. The RA, under direction and supervision of the head resident (HR) and area coordinator (AC), works to develop and maintain an environment conducive to the residents' health, safety and welfare, and in which students can best meet their academic responsibilities.
Applicants must have:
- Been enrolled at The University of Tampa as a full-time student for one semester prior to the beginning of employment period
- Minimum 2.6 semester and cumulative GPA at the time of application, and maintenance of a 2.6 GPA thereafter for undergraduate candidates
- Minimum 3.0 semester and cumulative GPA at the time of application, and maintenance of a 3.0 thereafter for graduate candidates
- Satisfactory judicial record
Due to time commitment conflicts, RAs may not also be Gateways/Pathways mentors, START members/captains, MINT members/captains, Conduct Board, Vaughn Center IDAs or SPEARS.
Spring 2013- this processed is now closed.
Fall 2013 - Applications due by Feb. 8, 2013.
Jan. 28 - RA interview sign up sheet available in Residence Life, Vaughn 213
Feb. 8 - RA applications due by NOON
Feb. 11 - last day to sign up for an RA interview
Feb. 23 - RA interviews
All applications received after the due date will be added to the application pool. Candidates in the post deadline pool will be considered when the current candidate pool has been exhausted.
*Indicates Required Information
If yes, please explain:
*Please list your work experience. Begin with most recent.
*Why are you applying for this position?
*Please describe your time commitments for next semester (academics, employment, extra-curricular):
*Describe your leadership style:
*Describe a healthy residence hall community. How would you help to build the community as a RA?
*What do you hope to gain from the RA position?
*What do you believe you can bring to the RA position?
*What do you think will be the most challenging aspects of an RA position?
* How did you hear about the RA position?
*If you learned about position from an RA, list their name(s) and building(s):