Internships provide students with experiences in the real world. There
are numerous opportunities in varied fields such as politics, law, city
planning and marketing research. Museums and historical societies also
offer internships. Many students have used internships to obtain
permanent jobs in Tampa, Washington, D.C., London and elsewhere. For
more information, please contact Kathryn VanderMolen at firstname.lastname@example.org or (813) 257-3260.
In the growing field of study of city planning, Tampa offers a wide array of opportunities. Many such opportunities provide valuable work experience, and some
internships are paid. Students are free to select from any of the
- The Downtown Partnership
- Hillsborough County City-Planning Commission
- The LPA Group, Inc.
- Ybor City Development Corp.
- Cushman & Wakefield
The University has an extensive relationship with The Washington Center program giving students a semester of invaluable experience in the nation's capital. Some of the many opportunities through this program include experiences with:
- Domestic and international agencies in Washington, D.C.
- The White House
- Foreign embassies
- The World Bank
- The Department of Justice
- The Department of the Treasury
- The Department of State
- The Central Intelligence Agency
Because it is a large metropolitan area, Tampa and the surrounding regions offer a wide variety of internships with social service agencies. These opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- The Department of Health and Rehabilitative Service
- The West Central Florida Area Agency on Aging, Inc.
- Planned Parenthood, Inc.
- Alpha House
- JASP (Juvenile Alternative Services Program)
- Metropolitan Ministries, Inc.
- Hillsborough County Department of Aging Services
- Joshua House
- The University of Tampa Institute for Community Research