New Transfer Student Registration Instructions
Now is the time to start making plans for your first semester at The University of Tampa. Students who have paid a nonrefundable admissions deposit should then follow the steps outlined below to initiate the registration process.
- Complete and submit the Transfer Student Preference form available at www.ut.edu/admissions/trpref.
- The Transfer Student Preference form provides information about your intended major/minor, classes of interest, credits you have previously earned and credits you are now in the process of earning. The University’s Academic Advising Office will use that information to create your base schedule for your first semester; it is important the information you provide is accurate.
- Once your preference form has been submitted, you will be placed in a queue and the University Academic Advising Office will complete a degree audit worksheet based on your intended major as well as a review of your pending credits in progress. Your base schedule will be constructed and visible on SpartanWeb upon completion, and requests will be reviewed in the order in which your Transfer Student Preference form is received.
- The registration process will begin in late April and will continue throughout the summer.
- *You will have an opportunity to revise your schedule after July 13, using your SpartanWeb account. (*International students can email requests for schedule changes to firstname.lastname@example.org as schedules must reflect full-time status, so cannot be changed in SpartanWeb until arrival on campus.)
- If additional assistance is needed after your schedule has posted, you will have the opportunity to communicate with an academic adviser through email, by appointment, by phone or on-campus. Details will be sent out by email to new transfer students throughout the summer as to options for addressing academic advising or other concerns prior to arrival on campus.
- Students will be notified of their assigned faculty adviser via SpartanWeb at the beginning of your first semester. In the interim, students will communicate with academic advisers in the University’s Academic Advising Office in the Academic Success Center, North Walker Hall, email@example.com.