New Transfer Student Registration Instructions
Now is the time to start making plans for your first semester at The University of Tampa. Only students who have paid a nonrefundable admissions deposit will be permitted to register for classes.
Use the electronic calendar to schedule an advising session, or contact the Admissions Office now for an appointment for fall or after Nov. 1 for spring. To contact the Admissions Office call (813) 253-6211 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. (EST). An advising session can be conducted over the phone or in person. During the advising session, an advisor will talk with you about your interests and options and prepare a schedule of classes.
Listed below are a few things you should review before speaking with an advisor to register:
- All UT students take a specific number of general course requirements. At UT, these general course requirements are called the Baccalaureate Experience. Read about these requirements in the UT Catalog.
- If you have identified an area of academic interest, read about the course requirements of that major in the UT Catalog.
- After you make your appointment, you may check the course schedule in SpartanWeb. Click on the "Academics" tab and then click on "Schedule/Course Descriptions." Select an area of interest and a list and description will be displayed of all the courses offered by that department for a given session and year. Make sure you have the system set to the correct session and year in the "Current Term Settings" box located at the bottom of the page. Select a specific course to view the section schedule for that course. To continue searching select "Back to Course Catalog," then "Back to Department List," or "Logout."
- Come to your advising/registration session with a tentative course schedule prepared. Be certain as you select courses that you have completed the prerequisite courses. You will find prerequisites listed in the Course Descriptions section of the UT Catalog. Please understand that if you carry a full-time course load, you should plan to be on campus Monday through Friday.
- If you are an Honors Program student, you are required to have completed a minimum of three honors courses by graduation. It is encouraged that you take one during your first term.
- You should have received an evaluation of your previous college credits indicating the number of credits and courses accepted by UT. Don’t forget to send UT a copy of your updated official transcripts for college-level work completed since you were admitted. Also, let your advisor know about any courses you plan to complete before entering UT, including courses in progress. The transcript evaluation will list the courses you took that will count toward your UT degree program. You will decide with your advisor what degree requirements are satisfied by those courses. This is very important because the same course may count differently depending on your choice of major.
- Most students satisfy the English composition, math and computer course requirements early in their academic program. If you have not satisfied these requirements, you are likely to be assigned an English composition, math and/or computer course.
If you have questions about the registration process, please call the Admissions Office at (813) 253-6211.